The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

subtekjr

HSC
Ha, it seems like my store just keeps on hiring and hiring. Many of us casuals are just getting 1-2 shifts a week which is really sad to see since I love work so much.
Yeah we hired a further 5 casuals in the last week but keep cutting casual's shifts...

undertides

HSC
Ha, it seems like my store just keeps on hiring and hiring. Many of us casuals are just getting 1-2 shifts a week which is really sad to see since I love work so much.
Mine, too. Hired a bunch of juniors (15-16 year olds) and I'm averaging a shift a week unless I pick up somebody else's. Doesn't it cost a bunch of money to hire new workers?

subtekjr

HSC
Probably cutting so many hours to cover for the company's promise to hire however many Indigenous workers I'd say. Apparently they're starting to plan for that, so that's likely why wages are stingy atm.

nanakid12

HSC
We usually have 6-7 staff (including supervisor) on a Saturday throughout the day, this Saturday we have four. And the usual supervisor is sick.

So while I love running frontend on Saturdays, tomorrow is going to be insane.

That's crazy that you guys are hiring more staff. It literally makes no sense though :S

Last edited:

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Far out good luck for tomorrow night nana. People on the express alert list won't be happy at all haha

subtekjr

HSC
We usually have 6-7 staff (including supervisor) on a Saturday throughout the day, this Saturday we have four. And the usual supervisor is sick.

So while I love running frontend on Saturdays, tomorrow is going to be insane.

That's crazy that you guys are hiring more staff. It literally makes no sense though :S
Must be a small store, my store has 22 checkouts, and on Saturdays we normally have at least 12 open.

I've run a Saturday in produce with myself, my boss and another full timer on close shift. We are meant to have at least 6 on a Saturday... I say good luck

nanakid12

HSC
Yeah it was an awful morning but the arvo was better. I (the supervisor) had to spend an hour on big register when one of my two operators was on a lunch break. But anyway all over with now :)

I am so sick of those Olympic coins. We've sold out of the packs, but people keep wanting to swap them over out of the tills, always when it's really busy and they want like $20 worth and I have to check like three different tills. :(

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Anyone else having a problem viewing their roster online? My thing says "You do not have a Store ID assigned".

nanakid12

HSC
The whole poor practise of cutting casual shifts is still continuing weekly.

We got 2 more boxes of the olympic coins in, some lady wanted me to hold 6 packs of them for her until next Tuesday. I was like... um, no.

nanakid12

HSC
Just got bored and read through some old posts.

A lot of Woolworth's technology is really backwards. Our store was a trial store for some program (can't remember what it is called now) where you put your holidays in on the computer and could check your roster/annual leave accrued. Really, it wouldn't take much for rosters to be available online, much like universities have personalised exam timetables.
i think we will eventually get the functionality of online rosters and holiday applications, but it's going to take a while to test the systems to make sure they work 100%, people planner may be out of date and cumbersome, but i've never known it go wrong in any major may. same with PAYMAS
2009 this was being discussed! Took 6 years to implement (although online rosters were introduced circa 2010?)

BSammy

HSC
yeah, if you bought a uniform, you need to submit an expense claim on success factors, then your manager needs to approve it

subtekjr

HSC
Sorry, that was me. I was working a particularly busy Thursday mostly on checkouts (because why pay more checkout operators when we can just send half of the fresh departments for most of the day?!?!?) and I hit the wrong button at some point.

I had a look at the register the next day and saw the button I had pressed was labelled "Close a random Woolworths Ltd division". Whoops

nanakid12

HSC
I don't get it :S am I stupid? Haha.

There are rumours going around that our store will be one of the ones closing. So sick of hearing it, no one actually knows anything, it's all just gossip.

Katebrunner

HSC
I don't get it :S am I stupid? Haha.

There are rumours going around that our store will be one of the ones closing. So sick of hearing it, no one actually knows anything, it's all just gossip.
If its a successful store then it won't be closed. But if its unsuccessful then it could possibly happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)