The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Yup, going part time definitely has a lot of benefits which out weigh a casual. Job security is the main benefit imo but everything else is a nice bonus. I think to be put on a contract it's a minimum 10 hours a week? Not sure if its a fortnightly based thing though.

Full time high school for me at the moment and I'm doing around 20-30 hours a week.

quick_throwaway

HSC
Ok and how would I go about asking for a part-time contract? Or do I just wait for my CSM to ask me?

I'm getting a stable number of hours at the moment, but I am indeed very concerned that when I turn 20 and my wage goes up, my 'regular' hours are going to take a huge hit to compensate

quick_throwaway

HSC
OMG YES thank you CSM! Love you to bits, rostered on for 5 hours that Saturday, and not to boast but I do feel a little bit special because I saw a handful of many other casuals that are regularly on Saturday weren't put on the roster for Easter Sat. Or maybe they weren't available, can't really make any assumptions off that, but as someone saving up for a new phone, I'm delighted I got put on Easter Saturday :)

astroman

HSC
Anyone know how to go about asking to not keep getting 5 days per week of work? I keep getting rostered constantly 5 days per week for nightfill and it's fucking getting boring and tiring as hell. How can I properly ask my manager to stop giving me 5 days of work each week and keep it at say 3 days a week. If I'm correct, my contract is only three days per week and each week I am always given two more days to work.

I wanna work less but am worried I might get fired lol.

Katebrunner

HSC
Anyone know how to go about asking to not keep getting 5 days per week of work? I keep getting rostered constantly 5 days per week for nightfill and it's fucking getting boring and tiring as hell. How can I properly ask my manager to stop giving me 5 days of work each week and keep it at say 3 days a week. If I'm correct, my contract is only three days per week and each week I am always given two more days to work.

I wanna work less but am worried I might get fired lol.
Some folks would love to work 5 days a week

quick_throwaway

HSC
@Astroman, I'm about to go on holidays, and as such, told my line manager I'm completely free - I've suddenly gone from 2-3 days of work a week (each 4 hours) to 5 days a week (maximum for a casual) in the next two weeks.

Just think as I do - it means he/she likes you, thinks you're reliable and is recognising you are doing a good job, otherwise, all those shifts probably would have been given to someone else.

astroman

HSC
@Astroman, I'm about to go on holidays, and as such, told my line manager I'm completely free - I've suddenly gone from 2-3 days of work a week (each 4 hours) to 5 days a week (maximum for a casual) in the next two weeks.

Just think as I do - it means he/she likes you, thinks you're reliable and is recognising you are doing a good job, otherwise, all those shifts probably would have been given to someone else.
everyone on my team is working 5 days though.

nanakid12

HSC
Just politely tell them your circumstances have changed and let them know your new availability of three days a week and what days they are. If you are casual you have the right to say no. If you're contracted those days, you can write a letter asking to reduce your contracted hours and give them two weeks notice :)

Don't let them guilt trip you either, which they might. They will try, believe me. Depending on your manager of course. But just stand your ground, if you aren't available, you're not available.

bernie14

HSC
Hey guys, couple of questions.

I don't have access to online rosters as I can't sign in to Wow People Portal. When I try and sign up, it says my records don't match. I've told the CSM who fobbed it off and said it wasn't her problem, so I rang IT twice, who both times told me it was up to the CSM to complete a 'Triple A' form. I told her, and again she told me to tell IT that it wasn't up to her, so I rang again and they said "Oh, try asking your store manager to do it."

Did that, and he gave me a dumbfounded look, asking "What's a Triple A form?"

Anyone know where to go from here? I just want to be able to view online rosters so I know when I'm working instead of ringing up the store every week to get someone to tell me.

Also - got my discount card the other day. I lost the sheet of paper that had the instructions on how to activate it. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to do this? Thanks

astroman

HSC
Hey guys, couple of questions.

I don't have access to online rosters as I can't sign in to Wow People Portal. When I try and sign up, it says my records don't match. I've told the CSM who fobbed it off and said it wasn't her problem, so I rang IT twice, who both times told me it was up to the CSM to complete a 'Triple A' form. I told her, and again she told me to tell IT that it wasn't up to her, so I rang again and they said "Oh, try asking your store manager to do it."

Did that, and he gave me a dumbfounded look, asking "What's a Triple A form?"

Anyone know where to go from here? I just want to be able to view online rosters so I know when I'm working instead of ringing up the store every week to get someone to tell me.

Also - got my discount card the other day. I lost the sheet of paper that had the instructions on how to activate it. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to do this? Thanks
Hey mate, you should be able to access your rosters through the WOW people portal here >> https://wowpeople.woolworths.com.au/content/Login.html

If you don't have a log in, you should of received one in your email from your supervisor or whoever was in charge of employing you, i.e. person that rang you, emailed you, etc. The login is a woolworths/gmail linked one so you should enquire directly with your manager if they have it set up for you.

Also you can activate your WOW discount card here: https://www.woolworthsrewards.com.au/wowpeople/index.html#/

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

subtekjr

HSC
@Katebrunner

It's just something they do every holiday time, they say they'll open all of their checkouts from 10am to 5pm every day around the big event (fine print saying it's based on availability and whether registers work or not). Just a marketing stunt, because we all know that supermarkets rarely open all registers ever, because it's rarely busy enough to need it.

Dunno if Woolies do it or not, but the Coles in my old town did it, and it led to them blowing money on register staff they didn't need. Who would have thought that the store would be dead at 4pm on Christmas Eve on a Saturday?

subtekjr

HSC
It works better for the stores that have 6 registers and are busy, sure.

Would be pointless for a smaller, city store with no traffic for example, because they already roster on too many people half the time.

I've seen a night at a small Perth shop with three customers in the shop, with a checkout supervisor, register operator, smokeshop/express operator and a SCO operator.

astroman

HSC
I won't be able to work this saturday, when I try to put in annual leave for that day in successfactors it says: Unplanned Leave cannot be entered or approved in the current week for Kronos employees. Please enter the leave in Kronos.

What the fuck is Kronos?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)