The world is coming to an end (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xeuyrawp

A High Way Man said:
I was sliced in tw e-Sword, the sword of the lord. (with an electronic edge)
olol... I pre-empted any jokes about it.

The fact is that it's an awesome program.

3unitz

HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
I was sliced in two by e-Sword, the sword of the lord. (with an electronic edge)
truely sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Enteebee said:
btw... I don't really think that inasero believes in the whole noah's ark story. I believe most of this stuff is just some game theists play to endulge a little in their immortal fantasies.
I do believe in Noah's ark. I believe in the Bible as the inerrant and divinely inspired word of God and that it contains everything necessary for salvation, therefore I'm not ashamed of it and I'll proudly share the gospel with those who are willing to listen.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
PwarYuex said:
It was a joke, moron. My point is that not only have you not even looked at the source, but you haven't even understood Hollywood interpretations.

And yes, I go straight to the source. See attached for how I read the Old and New Testaments. How do you read it? Let me guess, you read it in English?

Edit: Yes, I have an American evangelical Bible program. Yes, it's called e-Sword, and yes it's got a stupid motto. Yes, you may all laugh at me. If anyone finds a better program which has better font supports, easier modules to install and edit, better ways of comparison, etc let me know. :p

Edit2: Yes, I know someone will say "/sarcasm/ You're cool I want to be like you". I don't care, so stfu.
Guess what?

And anyway, so what if I don't read from Greek or Hebrew? That's so completely and utterly unlike relying on a Hollywood movie to interpret one of most complicated, metaphorical books in the Bible.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
3unitz said:
truely sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Word!

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Enteebee said:
If I believed in a God and an afterlife, personally I would care very little about the pleasures of this life, why do you (without knowing you, but I'll guess) appear to have the same goals and covet the same things etc as someone who does not believe? If a politician was telling me "I'm a free-market libertarian" however continued to institute protectionist policies I would feel they are only really paying lip-service to laissez-faire capitalism for some other reason. I feel that most theists are only paying lip-service to theism/their god through performing the sort of rituals etc because they hope it's true. Most don't seem so incredibly 'different' or 'nutty' from atheist/secular people as I'd expect a true theist to be, they instead appear like people who really hope it's true and think it'd be great if it were true (so they do things like give money to the church, have their wedding in a church etc).
This is one thing on which I have to agree with you. I know I'm worldly myself and there's alot about myself that I know could and should be changed. The problem is alot of people are quick to call themselves "Christians" and yet from their lifestyle you wouldn't be convinced they believe what they do.

James 2:14-26 said:
"14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,"[e] and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead"
But that doesn't detract from the basic Gospel truth that God died for all our sins so that we can be assured of eternal salvation, and that God works through the Holy Spirit in all who are saved so we don't have to live in our former ways. Christians aren't perfect, they're only saved and the change comes about later.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
JFK said:
man shut the fuck up inasero you stupid happy clappy freak

go sit in your bombshelter and wait for the rapture to come on down, spook.
God bless you, brother :)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
brigittaclare said:
its great to see that fundamentalism has survived into generation Y.
but i disagree that it should be encouraged
she wasn't encouraging fundamentalism (not that there's anything wrong with that). She was just stating her views, which she's perfectly free to do.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sorry guys. This has been a fun thread, but it's energy reserves are exhausted and there is now evidence of mass panic, confusion, and chaos.
Pls resume in DGE.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
CharlieB said:
just wanted to chime in on this debate by saying that:

The bible is NOT the core of Christianity (YA'RLY)

Why? Because the Church pre-dates the Bible. For the first several hundred years of the Church’s existence the Bible DID NOT exist.

The key thing is that living Church, the communion of people under the leadership of bishops and with guidance of the holy trinity is what drives the church.

You can question the bible, but you can't score athiest brownie points by citing stories written thousands of years ago.
Galatians 1:10 said:
Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ
Quoting bible verses is the thing that's been earning me derision and scorn. If you think I'm trying to score brownie points with atheists you're sorely mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)