The X Factor (2 Viewers)

dezzy

HSC
they probably wont air the 4th series....i dont think last years series was very popular here in oz...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
firehose said:
anyone know when/if Ten's gonna air American Idol 4?
Unfortunately they won't, since we have The X Factor now...
Ameriucan Idol 4 is airing in America right now :(

Fry

i thought American Idol 3 did very well in oz. everyone i knew watched it and William Hung was all the rage. remember him? lol. i don't think they're showing it cos..1. X Factor is on and 2. we already have our own version and our TVs are already swamped with these types of shows. still, i would've wanted to see it. *sigh* damn my stupid dial-up!

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
I think this show sucks... and i felt so bad for some of the sweet people that they were so nasty to.

Plus the judges are bitches. At last a reality show that i hate.

Amryllis

HSC
I still have to watch it... I taped it last night :p

When they first started advertising for the X Factor the first thing that popped into my head was "this is a shameless rip-off of Idol". They even have Mark Holden as one of the judges. I don't like the idea of ANYONE being able to audition. Seriously, I can't imagine old people winning the competition.

I'm still curious about the show though... One of my dance teachers at the Sydney Dance Company is in a few of the episodes.

persephone

HSC
i always hate when they show the auditions. wasn't very interesting. but then, i'm not really a fan of reality tv...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
mark holden was on gma this morning and he was saying that there were similarities between the x factor and australian idol in terms of the auditions ... but later on when the show develops, theres supposably a huge difference :cool:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
its just australian idol under a different name with 'categories' far out it was so crap... the group ones are the best.. but other than that i think its pretty boring.. ill prolly still watch it to see wat happens but anyway

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
seriously X factor is an excuse to try and get the ratings that idol did when idol isnt on.
its so fake. kate cebrano is trying to be marcia....seriously embarassing tv

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
i know its a part of the show, but it just really frustrates me how the judges are on such a high-horse. Besides Cebrano, i dunno who the hell the others are and what exactly they have done. There were some very crappy ones, but its just slack when the camera pans to the judges when they are judging a 'reasonable' one and they roll their eyes and are just plain assholes.. i know the show puts them in that position, but they are just plain egotisitcal arseholes and the people that audition for it are asking for it. The slacker they are, the more people seem to suck up to them. But its the nature of the show, so bah.
but they kind of just sitting there a whole day listening to mediocre performances...you can't help it :D

is daniel macpherson trying to be ryan seacrest? :p similar look..

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
it's been said, but daniel mcpherson is suddenly sexy :uhhuh:

and YAY for that hot 17 yr old guy who kate brought in :D

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Annegelic said:
it's been said, but daniel mcpherson is suddenly sexy :uhhuh:

and YAY for that hot 17 yr old guy who kate brought in :D
that guy? he can't sing! stupid kate...begging techniques seemed to work with John...

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
Survivor39 said:
that guy? he can't sing! stupid kate...begging techniques seemed to work with John...
I know. He wasn't a great singer and there was no personality or "x-factor". i think a cardboard box would hold there space better. i cant believe she made a special trip to his house...is she that desprate?

Amryllis

HSC
I don't think the 17 year old guy had much talent to speak of and I think that Kate was seriously wasting her time. He sang that Maroon 5 song flat with no flair. I reckon Kate wants him back mainly cos he's a bit of a looker and can sort of sing.

Cyan_phoeniX: Mark Holden was a popular singer in the 1970s and since then he's been producing. John Reid is a major manager, who turned Elton John from an unknown song-writer to a super-star.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
nah.. I think that 17 yr old dude has potential. he'll probably be one of those guys that *grow* throughout the competition.

icedcoffee123

HSC
ehhhhhhhhhhh i really dont know i dont really like it so far , but it might (keywiord-might) get better when the judges go head to head , but besides that its nuthing exciting and from what ive read in newspapers the ratings arnt what channel 10 expected!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
If a 16-25 person wins this it proves that this show is just a secong rate Australian idol

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
hmm, in the UK, a 25 and over male won, who is in simon cowell's group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)