The X Factor (1 Viewer)

Amryllis

HSC
There's always talk about how if a strong competition ends up in the bottom 2, the deciding judge will want to eliminate them based on wanting to get rid of the competition i.e. playing the game. It's the judges for themselves. I'd like to think that they'd be fair and keep the better act in but it IS war between the judges. Mark is currently pissing me off so bad with his aggressive attacks on Kate and John (especially Kate). He's such a hypocrite with the whole "originality" thing.

hatty

Banned
he has a point but.

some of these contestants, even if they get recording contracts wont get very far if they keep singing some other artists song, they got to make their own stuff up like kaya. original songs is what people want to buy. look at russel, even if he won, he wont last that long at all.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Survivor39 said:
I wondered why you thought that....
lol, yeh well aside from being hot, they're talented guys aswell. just depends on what you like.

Bradna said:
Gemma (youngest girl in the comp) goes to my school! How cool is that..
She's a year younger though, and I've never talked to her lol..
But still.. cool! haha
dude, it ain't that cool.

i hope gemma & russell go soon. they're annoying.

Amryllis

HSC
My friends reckon that Russell is kinda similar to Shannon Noll coz he's got that whole "Aussie-ness" about him. The accent, quality of voice and everything.

I'm so very envious of Gemma - she's a dancer!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Amryllis said:
There's always talk about how if a strong competition ends up in the bottom 2, the deciding judge will want to eliminate them based on wanting to get rid of the competition i.e. playing the game. It's the judges for themselves.
yeah? then they should have got rid of Roslyn then...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
yes, Russell is similar to Shannon mole, Gemma is similar to Chanel and Vince is similar to Guy Sebastian. Random is unique :D

Amryllis

HSC
I haven't actually made the connection between Gemma and Chanel, and between Vince and Guy... Vince is an actor on top of being able to sing and dance whereas Guy is mainly just singing... I suppose he does dance a little - but he's not a full-on dancer.

Survivor - I suppose they would have got rid of Roslynn if they were trying to eliminate threats. But at this stage, it's not necessary. Think of the potentially enormous controversy if they did that. Although - come to think of it - your point isn't valid because it was John Reid that made the decision to keep Roslynn between the 2 females in his own group - coz the deciding power was relinquished to John.

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Annegelic said:
yes, Russell is similar to Shannon mole, Gemma is similar to Chanel and Vince is similar to Guy Sebastian. Random is unique :D
Erh...yes...their a group

Im not sure whether you should try and catergorise each person to someone else. Frankly I cant see how similar vince is to guy and gemma to chanel either

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
was victoria mcgee good on the show, i no she got into the top 5 for 16-24, but not the top 3. either way, she sang at the opening of our new cafe on tues

Amryllis

HSC
Victoria's more of a country singer. Apparently when she sand high notes she does this country thing where it sounds almost piercing, so Glenda got her to stop doing that when they did the masterclass.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Amryllis said:
Survivor - I suppose they would have got rid of Roslynn if they were trying to eliminate threats. But at this stage, it's not necessary. Think of the potentially enormous controversy if they did that. Although - come to think of it - your point isn't valid because it was John Reid that made the decision to keep Roslynn between the 2 females in his own group - coz the deciding power was relinquished to John.
No, I am just disagreeing with the fact that some people said by giving the power to judges to sent singers home is not fair because they would have gotten rid of talents/threats. And I disagree with that by saying it is not true. If it was true, kate and mark would have took up the opportunity and got rid of Roslynn! But they didn't and mark was nice enough to let John decide himself. So they judges are unilkely to sent whoever they considered 'threats' home. And plus, why is it not necessary to eliminate threats now, early on? They might not have a chance again later in the competition.

Amryllis

HSC
I suppose the judges should be fair to a certain extent otherwise they will create a riot.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Amryllis said:
I suppose the judges should be fair to a certain extent otherwise they will create a riot.
And you think they will start to become unfair and sending threats home when the show approach the end??

Amryllis

HSC
It's a possibility. They might start to get extremely picky and pick on the smallest things in order to eliminate threats.

I'm just open to the possibility. Although I would prefer them to be fair.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I put my money on Random to take out the competition.

No one else has talent in the whole show. I don't know how the judges picked those contestants, but none of them can perform properly. All of them are substandard or crap.
Vince- substandard
Jack - he's a performer but he's last two performances were a bit wtf ish?
Gemma - Her personality is repulsive, like it's not appealing and her song choices are terrible.
Kaya- substandard + barefoot don't go together and horrible ear piercing songs
Roslyn - talented but performance is woeful. Her smile is also weird.
Russell - a really woeful performance of love is all around us, when he performing, looked like he was walking to round up some cows.
Janie - thank good she left.

Sometimes i think X-Factor gets worse than Popstars.

Amryllis

HSC
zenger69 said:
Jack - he's a performer but he's last two performances were a bit wtf ish?
You mean Jacob? Jack Byrnes didn't get to top 3 in 16-24s.

I think Random has a good chance of winning.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Can anyone expalin mark's comment about the "Sally Roberts memorial" in respose to JT's "Ive got some of janie shrapnells music for you to listen to"?

I feel really bad for gemma btw, that wasnt a great performance imo. Im not really liking Kate Cebrano in this show.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
argh! What a horrible show tonight. None of them deserve to stay!

In particular:
Jemma - Very pitchy everywhere. Struggling throughout the song. It was simply HORRIBLE!
Jacob - Wrong choice of song. It was BORING. Zzzzzz
Roslynn - I cannot believe she sang that poorly....what happened to her good voice?
Vince - I'll give him 1 out of 10 for his singing.
Kaya - Agreed with judges. No climax. It was the same kaya tune week after week.
Random - BORING! Out of breath performance.... Poor vocal.
Russell - meh. it was just okay... not good, not poor.

I think the performances are way too long. Should cut them back.

i like American Idol better. And daniel macpherson's presenting skill is a bit over the top. And he looks like he keeps rolling his eyes. lol

Amryllis

HSC
Yeah, I was wondering about Mark's comment about Janie's music. I just know it's not a nice comment.

None of them were all that impressive tonight. I was so disappointed, especially for Gemma - that song really didn't suit her.

Fry

Survivor39 said:
argh! What a horrible show tonight. None of them deserve to stay!

In particular:
Jemma - Very pitchy everywhere. Struggling throughout the song. It was simply HORRIBLE!
Jacob - Wrong choice of song. It was BORING. Zzzzzz
Roslynn - I cannot believe she sang that poorly....what happened to her good voice?
Vince - I'll give him 1 out of 10 for his singing.
Kaya - Agreed with judges. No climax. It was the same kaya tune week after week.
Random - BORING! Out of breath performance.... Poor vocal.
Russell - meh. it was just okay... not good, not poor.

I think the performances are way too long. Should cut them back.

i like American Idol better. And daniel macpherson's presenting skill is a bit over the top. And he looks like he keeps rolling his eyes. lol

i boycotted this show in favour of American Idol, but i guess ill tune in just to see how bad they are. :eek: damn...would've loved to see Jemma's performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)