Themes and Motifs? (1 Viewer)

shona99

HSC
Can someone please explain the difference between a theme and motif? I understand a theme it usually a statement and a motif is a technique. But how can I develop a motif into a theme?

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
im not the best at this, but i think its that a motif is a recurring symbol, and a theme is a general concept that is discussed/argued about throughout the text.

for example:
a motif can be the constant and reccuring image of birds. They can symbolise freedom and nature.
a theme would be freedom, or nature.....

I hope that helps/is correct understanding! If im wrong someone please correct me.

shona99

HSC
im not the best at this, but i think its that a motif is a recurring symbol, and a theme is a general concept that is discussed/argued about throughout the text.

for example:
a motif can be the constant and reccuring image of birds. They can symbolise freedom and nature.
a theme would be freedom, or nature.....

I hope that helps/is correct understanding! If im wrong someone please correct me.

Thank you for your insight! Really helpful!

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Thank you for your insight! Really helpful!
no problem! :D if ive really helped you in some way, could you please press the little star icon in the bottom left corner of the post to give me some rep? that would be greatly appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)