Theology is the Go! (1 Viewer)

David27

Once ordained, you score your own house(rectory), get a ready supply of uniforms, and only work on Sundays.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
has anyone ever told you how pathetic you are? If not they should start.

David27

They never get past telling me how attractive I am to delve into the particular quality, or lack thereof, that you speak of.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Ministers actually have a both demanding and rewarding role which includes (and is not limited to) public outreach/evangelism, pastoral & marriage/family counselling, youth ministry, conducting individual or group Bible studies, performing services/rituals such as baptisms/marriages/funerals, leadership & management of local church, administration duties, visiting the sick/elderly, etc.

So it's really a full-on effort all week, at whatever time, for whatever reason. Preaching (and preparing) a sermon for Saturday or Sunday is only a tiny part.

:) Still think theology is the way to go? It is, for the right person who has a personal relationship with Jesus and feels they have been called of God to serve in His church.

Yeah, i know u were probably only jokin', but i thought that u could use a fuller description of what a theology student entering the ministry could actually expect. ;)

p.s. i'm not a theology student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)