Theories of social change (1 Viewer)

Jessisbored

HSC
The thing is that last year there was a huge question on this so that decreases of our chance of getting such a biggie, but we have to still do it and its my worst section. I understand the actual theory but i suck at applying it, does anyone have any examples or advice? Im doing Vietnam for continuity and change. Until then ill keep practicing, i reckon ill stick to conflict

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I remember I studied the Conflict theory and I wrote a whole page before the exam to prepare for the 12 mark questions in Part B.

I cannot believe this...I can't find it! It had everything!! argh.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
my teacher told us that you can't just apply one social theory to vietnam..you can apply three..evolutionary, conflict and functionalist..have you used the heinemann text book..it's really helpful..

Tammie

you can apply just one is the question specifies...eg i think the 2003 was name a social theory.....then the question was in relation to the social theory you have studied assess cont + change in your selected country...something like that

Two of my friends actually did functionalist for Vietnam...using doi moi as a case study...

I did evolutionary...it was changed in the 20th century or something to encorporate many outcomes...its good coz u can say how the past now has a direct influence and the present and will impact on future.....

Does n e 1 have essays on Vietnam....or notes???
I have some but the are not on puter ill scan if ppl wanna swap.....we need to help each other out

GOODLUCK and stay on here to help everyone ..Shanks again :)

nattylee

HSC
em_516 said:
my teacher told us that you can't just apply one social theory to vietnam..you can apply three..evolutionary, conflict and functionalist..have you used the heinemann text book..it's really helpful..
you can also apply a postmodernist theory to vietnam. jo has written an example in the heinemann textbook which is actually quite helpful if anyone is interested

mishka

HSC
N/A
me either.... i'd rather stick to the ones i can understand!! :p

mishka

HSC
N/A
i did functionalist theory in the exam! :)

i didn't expect it to be a 6-marker (?) though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)