There are no Black Metal fans on this forum. (1 Viewer)

iwannarock

HSC
damn..........my blatant fallicy of calling slipknot black metal didn't get anyone angry.

my trolling skills need tightening up.

so...........

how about that band the used.

awesome black metal riffs.

HSC
iwannarock said:
damn..........my blatant fallicy of calling slipknot black metal didn't get anyone angry.

my trolling skills need tightening up.

so...........

how about that band the used.

awesome black metal riffs.
You'd probably get a beter reaction saying someone like cradle of filth, because everyone loves jumping on the that's not black metal bandwagon when it comes to them. Say the used or slipknot, people are just going to laugh ;)

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
You'd probably get a beter reaction saying someone like cradle of filth, because everyone loves jumping on the that's not black metal bandwagon when it comes to them. Say the used or slipknot, people are just going to laugh ;)
their style's pretty black imo though. 'selling out' does not mean they're not 'black metal' anymore. Maybe not good black metal, but pretty black nonetheless

iwannarock

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
ah nuts. thanks for that i'll keep that in mind. i'm still learning the ways of the troll you see.

i like dani filths vocals. but yeah cradle of filths songs suck. how exactly did they sell out? i'm just curious. its not like i see them writing radio friendly songs and getting on mtv (metallica :rolleyes: ).

opeth? thats black metal right?

nitro.vo

HSC
yeah opeth is black iirc. I'm not sure how you would classify the types of metal. I mean what is dark tranquality,arcturus,carcass,celtic forest,children of bodom.

would you consider these bands to be black?

Lord Worm

HSC
There is no way I would classify Opeth as Black Metal anymore. They were around Orchid but I would settle for Progressive Death Metal.

As far as I'm concerned the only black metal band there is Arcturus. Early Carcass, to me, is grindcore whilst the older Carcass, such as Heartwork and Swansong are Melodic Death. I always thought Celtic Frost were more along the lines of thrash but they did have themes concerning the occult. Lastly, Children of Bodom :rolleyes:

Cradle of Filth made Emperor stop wearing Corpse Paint...maybe that's why Ishahn was sporting a ghetto haircut at Emperor's reunion show.

Stan..

HSC
I listen to Electric Wizard, but that is Doom not Black.

HSC
the boat was late, the opening bands were shit, pod people didn't end up playing, and that dude that was moshing like a fuckhead in front of me & got beat down was there again. besides that, it was really really fun.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
I want to expand my metal tastes.

currently I just listen to regular metal - radio stuff. lame, but it's okay.

what would you suggest as a good intro to black or doom metal?

what bands suck and what are the one's to watch out for?

HSC
duckofdoom said:
I want to expand my metal tastes.

currently I just listen to regular metal - radio stuff. lame, but it's okay.

what would you suggest as a good intro to black or doom metal?

what bands suck and what are the one's to watch out for?
define regular metal please

imo, doom's too slow, tedious, boring but seeing how my boyfriend's into it I can't bash it too much ; )

Hellspawn's a good band. Try them.
Hey they're Australian too. didn't know that before.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
SilveryNightsky said:
define regular metal pleaseQUOTE]

ok, I'm slow on that count.

There's too many genre's of metal for me to name. So obviously there's no "regular" metal.

Just bands such as metallica and korn (although they're not really metal anymore are they? nu-metal last I heard. whatever.) are what I listen to.

Mainstream metal groups are basically what I've heard of. I'm not categorising metal as mainstream but as I've mentioned before the only metal is the stuff I hear on triple jjj full metal racket.

I'm just putting my foot in my mouth. Anything else I say is going to come out wrong or annoy someone.

HSC
duckofdoom said:
ok, I'm slow on that count.

There's too many genre's of metal for me to name. So obviously there's no "regular" metal.

Just bands such as metallica and korn (although they're not really metal anymore are they? nu-metal last I heard. whatever.) are what I listen to.

Mainstream metal groups are basically what I've heard of. I'm not categorising metal as mainstream but as I've mentioned before the only metal is the stuff I hear on triple jjj full metal racket.

I'm just putting my foot in my mouth. Anything else I say is going to come out wrong or annoy someone.
Calm calm, don't worry about it. I just asked that question to see whether you meant regular as in 'heavy' metal because that's how everything started. Just to see if you had an idea of what genre you're after. Nowadays bands go off on different tangents to create genres of death, black, gothic, folk, symphonic progressive death, you name it lol. Personally I don't believe that some 'subgenres' should even be there but sometimes it's hard to define/describe a band without putting them into different categories.

Every band has their own thing going on, especially the newer ones, so there is no particular 'right or wrong genre' to put them in. Some sit on the boarderline of two or even three genres, like death and power gives you ... i dont' know, melodic death?

I'm happy to introduce you to different bands (I don't know a WHOLE lot but I have a dozen that I like and know enough about - in terms of their overall style through the years, etc. other bands I know songs to recommend but nothing else)

Just give me a starting point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)