There isnt an "adv maths" option... (1 Viewer)

Byronhall

HSC
I do advanced maths... and it is supposed to scale better or whatever than general maths, but surely there should be an advanced option to choose when trying to calculate the UAI.

also im kinda doubting the SAM thing, with my subjects, if i get a 75 for all subjects with adv english, the uai is 75.10. if i change it to standard english it becomes 74.50... that cant be right.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I do advanced maths... and it is supposed to scale better or whatever than general maths, but surely there should be an advanced option to choose when trying to calculate the UAI.

also im kinda doubting the SAM thing, with my subjects, if i get a 75 for all subjects with adv english, the uai is 75.10. if i change it to standard english it becomes 74.50... that cant be right.
1. There is Advanced Maths - Sam calls it Mathematics.
2. You have to put it into perspective. Getting a 75 in Advanced English would be considered either low-average or even below average, as most candidates get within the Band 5/6 range due to moderation and scaling. Whereas in Standard, because the nature of the candidature is quite low, not many students do get a Band 6 and the majority of students get in the lower bands - hence a 75 would be an average mark.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
1. There is advanced maths - sam calls it mathematics.
2. You have to put it into perspective. Getting a 75 in advanced english would be considered either low-average or even below average, as most candidates get within the band 5/6 range due to moderation and scaling. Whereas in standard, because the nature of the candidature is quite low, not many students do get a band 6 and the majority of students get in the lower bands - hence a 75 would be an average mark.
+1

Willba16

HSC
there is no advanced maths in the NSW system. Its General>Mathematics>M Ext 1>M Ext 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)