Theres something wrong with me (1 Viewer)

emily2005

HSC
N/A
yeah me to before the the trials i was so motivated and now its been three weeks and i still havent done jack shit. I just keep thinking i have the three weeks of stuvac to study!

Always

HSC
I also have ZERO motivation. :s I just want it all to be over so I can go on my holiday!

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Heh, same with the tired after school thing.. like REALLY tired. A few afternoons I've even been sleeping for a couple hours once I get home, and then I'm still tired..

Infact most of this topic reflects exactly what I'm going through at the moment.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
sweetsweetcandy said:
I thought I was alone on the tired thing. Good to know I'm not though! I think after the trials everyone just burnt out. Except I think I should have recovered by now, thus the 'something is wrong with me'. I actually feel completely exhausted after school everyday...sometimes even during school.
sammeeeeeeee

I usually fall asleep through most of the lessons and I can barely concentrate on my class work. I drink like two V drinks a week :S

oh, and about the motivation thing, I feel exactly the same. I'm just so over school...can't wait til it's over :D

advice: stay away from this site, it's so freakin distracting. I'm thinking of avoiding this site for a few weeks :/

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I JUST got some of my motivation back this Monday and it only came back to me as I realised that there's only about 30ish or so days left and the 'if you don't study now, you won't perform your best in the HSC and will get a UAI that you won't be happy with, so you may as well get back to work and make the most of the month you have left' mentality. It's worked for the last few days and I'm beginning to pick up that momentum that I wished I had going with me the whole year.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
all this reflects me atm, i dont think i disagree with anything yet..

and yeh i mite have to disable msn.. my bf was sposed to tell me to get off it but that didnt last

Mz_Julzie

cheeky bum
HSC
If you are a computer/net junkie .. you should post up a BIG sign saying " [insert ur course] and the UAI next to it" it works for me :X lols . scaring yourself is a good motivation, however may not work for some (e.g pressure => nervous breakdown)

it would atleast make u turn a page in ur textbook to study! ..

You should clear ur tables from anything electronic. its really distracting! Reduce internet times, tv times, and actually create a routine timetable for urself.

GoodieWooden

HSC
I totally understand everything u guys are feeling about lack of motivation and constant tiredness. Not sure if any1 else is the same, but i think its a bit of a vicious cycle. Stressing about lack of study, causes lack of sleep. Too tired to study, so try to sleep, but feel guilty about lack of study at this time.

Quite a few of my friends and other people in our classes actually have a 'count-down' kind of thing on our hands. Its just the number of days left until the first english exam, which we change everyday. It's beginning to help me realise just how close around the corner the HSC is. Might help other ppl to get/stay motivated, i recommend it, so long as you dont already feel that the pressure is getting too much. in case any1's wondering, my countdown's @ 34 days until the HSC as of friday 15th of sept.
Remember guys, we con only do so much, and if you have your heart set on a particular career, there's always a back door. Besides, if you dont get the UAI you want, you might just find something else that you love.
An even better piece of advice other people have on their hands (who dont have the count-down), "Just Breathe"

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
To the original poster as you can now see you are not alone in your thoughts. As for motivation well its something you got to build up whether that is from filling out UAC forms and seeing your desired UAI or counting down days. I myself have been quite drained after the trials\assessments ending however I will get straight back into it really really soon.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
think its prbably becoz we all just studied heaps for the trials, too exhausted atm i rkn..

muttiah

Banned
HSC
Pisslips78 said:
HSC fast approaching....I suppose I should be studying hard by now....but I cant. Theres something I cant explain stopping me from hitting the books as hard as I want to. This may sound strange....but whatever. I'll spend the entire day thinking "man, im gonna get home and study like a whore on fire", but it never happens. Somehow i spend the entire evening/afternoon doing something else, without studying a single bit. Its not like I havent studied at all...but recently im finding it extremely hard to become motivated, when I have every reason to be motivated. Thats it. I cant explain it any better than that. Its like theres a little voice in my head saying "you dont need to study...theres so many other enjoyable things you could be doing". I tell him to shutup, I try my best to ignore him, but he always wins. Anyone else feel this way? Can anyone suggest a soloution? Time is running out.
u know all the people who would die for a opportunity like ours....

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
not sure if "die" is the right word. unless they end up reincarnating in which case you would think that dying wouldnt be such a huge sacrafice.

anyways...

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Be a cyborg

Make a study schedule for yourself and stick with it even if you don't like it
Just don't care about your motivation and other crap
Just do it,make your feelings die just for a month
Work like a soldier

Believe me,there's no time to gain the motivation

passion89

HSC
I think nearly everyone has the same problem with not being able to motivate themselves quickly enough after the trials. Until today, I didn't touch one book! I guess you have to start slowly - this will build your motivation as you begin. Trust me, it's better you do some notes against your will now lol because it will help you with motivation later on.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
i found this very useful.

download a virtual stopwatch.
set a goal as to how much time you want to study per day.
everytime u study, set the stopwatch on.
when u get distracted, turn of the stopwatch.
make sure you reach the time goal you want.

if you dont, go punish yourself like hang yourself from the throat or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)