Theres something wrong with me (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
for all those giving thought to removing themselves from BOS for a while -

if it's what you gotta do, it's what you gotta do (as could be said of so many other situations) but bear in mind that BOS was developed with the idea of students helping each other out. Back in my day, we had STACKS of threads going on - not like the "I don't know anything someone please help!" or "can someone please read my essay?" but more discussion-orientated threads like "I don't quite understand why the author had x character do this, I'm thinking it could have been because of blahblahblah or maybe even blahblahblah. What do you think?". Heaps of useful information was shared, and many discussions started to get a strong grasp of what we were about to be examined on...

A few weeks before our hsc there was even a thread in this forum where people could list what subjects/texts they were studying, and their msn address for studybuddy purposes :)

Maybe some things to think about? :)

shimmy&shine

HSC
I'm in the same boat as you pisslips. Don't feel alone! We're all in it together! :)

I've found out that you need solid motivation. Like this, go to a friend's house and study. At night go out and party or doing something fun. Balance it out, and then you'll feel in control and relaxed. Don't stress too much!

Though, I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I have an 18th party to go to (like RIGHT NOW!!), and i planned to study well and effectively today. But hey, i didn't. I procrastinated. So I might just turn up to the party really late or not go at all. argh, i detest procrastination.

Anyway, yeah, study then party, or have fun. The trick is balance.

shimmy&shine

HSC
glitterfairy said:
A few weeks before our hsc there was even a thread in this forum where people could list what subjects/texts they were studying, and their msn address for studybuddy purposes
sounds like a good idea. It's interesting how each yr12 lots change each year.

Anyway, maybe that's the attitude we BoS06ers should be displaying, rather than, "shit I'm wasting all my time". Just control yourselves. I should start doing that to. :)

Last edited:

bboyelement

HSC
glitterfairy said:
A few weeks before our hsc there was even a thread in this forum where people could list what subjects/texts they were studying, and their msn address for studybuddy purposes :)
no ... bad idea, msn and hsc dont go together ... the most likely thing is you will be stuck on it talking to your friends about some bs for the rest of the day

ok the best way to self-motivate your self is ... take the tv, computer, playstation etc outside. turn of your mobile and lock yourself in a room with text books ... far out but this is stupid, why cant you just sit down and study its not that hard ... man if you cant do this then i dont know what you can do in life... those that succeed are those that work hard and make intelligent decisions, you gotta take actions feel guilty when you do something your not suppose to do... ask yourself is this gonna help me in the hsc? are you gonna regret this later? envision yourself enjoying your rewards at the end. i hate this word but its a journey and it begins with a step ... so take action now and if you dont do it today it is unlikely you would do it tomorrow ... dont leave anything tomorrow if it could be done today...

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
yeah ive'd tried to revive the sciences marathon threads.....but no one seems to bother posting on them....they only ask stupid questions like 'ZOMG WHAT DID U GET FOR UR CSSA TRIAALAZ ' or 'ANYONE GT A KOPY OF HTE TRIAL SO I CAN DLOADZ LOLZ ROFL'

seriously

Pisslips78

HSC
N/A
Excellent advice from everybody...but the thing thats helped the most is the holding your breath thing, Ive been doing it for a few days now and it never fails. It presents you with two simple choices...drown, or study! Im slowly but surely developing a routine. There is a God.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I feel that way. I feel motivated to study all day long but when I get home, I'm just too lazy. Lately though, I have been getting headaches when I think about stuff hard (not too often as it turns out), and if I do finally get into studying I fall asleep. I fall asleep everywhere...maybe there is something wrong with me, I am constantly tired. Anyways, I'm procrastinating right now... damn you BOS!

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
well its nice to know its working for you

please note: i take no responsibility for any brain damage that may occur due to prolonged periods of holding your breath.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Pisslips78 said:
Excellent advice from everybody...but the thing thats helped the most is the holding your breath thing, Ive been doing it for a few days now and it never fails. It presents you with two simple choices...drown, or study! Im slowly but surely developing a routine. There is a God.
double you
tee
eff.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
angmor said:
yeah ive'd tried to revive the sciences marathon threads.....but no one seems to bother posting on them....they only ask stupid questions like 'ZOMG WHAT DID U GET FOR UR CSSA TRIAALAZ ' or 'ANYONE GT A KOPY OF HTE TRIAL SO I CAN DLOADZ LOLZ ROFL'

seriously
I would join in with those marathons but there's no one else who seems to be participating... maybe things will change within the next month leading up to the final exams.

Scarecr0w

HSC
Here was me thinking i was all alone, i'm almost glad that other people are feeling how i feel, and i will definately be trying the Holding your Breathe thing, also.. open up Excel and create yourself a study timetable ( i made one but everything in my life went to shit so i didn't stick to it.. YET )

Just try keep your chin up and what i've found is.. don't let things eat away at you, i.e. you have a bad day, which turns into a bad week which turns into a bad weekend.. and it keeps going, take every day as a new "Good" day and if something bad happens in your day, look at how you can fix it, or just get on with things..

Everyday is a new day, just remember that!

Good Luck to all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)