thesis help (1 Viewer)

cosmicfire321312

HSC
hi, is anyone able to give me any suggestions for a possible conceptual thesis for this essay question?

How have the texts you have studied explored how groups have adapted to change?

Thanks for any help!

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
what are your prescribed texts?
u should include ideas/themes covered in ur texts but not the text itself

cosmicfire321312

HSC
what are your prescribed texts?
u should include ideas/themes covered in ur texts but not the text itself
my teacher advised that i shouldn't mention my prescribed text in the thesis (first sentence) so i wasn't sure how i could start my intro off.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
yeah don't
the thesis is a conceptual argument that answers the question directly and so it should align with the rest of your essay
Then you bring in your prescribed text and say that this aligns with the thesis and how, in ur intro, after ur thesis

For example, consider the common mod question:
To what extent does the representation of human behaviour in Nineteen Eighty-Four challenge your understanding of truth?
Here for the thesis you: Have the address the rubric in terms of human behaviour, the key idea that they present, being truth (and combine with other themes to make a nuanced argument, so you could talk about how LANGUAGE controls REALITY to shape TRUTH or engage with it critically in some other way, and u make related topic setence ideas for ur body paragraph through this)
In addition, i always like to relate form to my essays, and you should too because it makes your essay strong as you are engaging with the text as a whole throughout: E.g you could mention: Dystopian novel, genre of the novel being Speculative, realism

Last edited:

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
and i went on a tangent and didn't end up answering ur question..

So what are your prescribed text for mod A?

cosmicfire321312

HSC
yeah don't
the thesis is a conceptual argument that answers the question directly and so it should align with the rest of your essay
Then you bring in your prescribed text and say that this aligns with the thesis and how, in ur intro

For example, consider the common mod question:
To what extent does the representation of human behaviour in Nineteen Eighty-Four challenge your understanding of truth?
Here for the thesis you: Have the address the rubric in terms of human behaviour, the key idea that they present, being truth (and combine with other themes to make a nuanced argument, so you could talk about how LANGUAGE controls REALITY to shape TRUTH, and make related topic setence ideas for ur paragraph through this)
In addition, i always like to relate form to my essays, and you should too because it makes your essay strong as you are engaging with the text as a whole throughout: E.g you could mention: Dystopian novel, genre of the novel being Speculative, realism
how would you relate the form of the text to your arguments?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
oh for standard english
im not familiar with the text OR the rubric so i can't really help then : ppp
bcuz im pretty sure u don't do a comparative

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
my teacher advised that i shouldn't mention my prescribed text in the thesis (first sentence) so i wasn't sure how i could start my intro off.
they're right, it needs to start off conceptual that directly answers the question in relation to the rubric. then you say this is depicted in the text you have, then do that

chwabe

HSC
how would you relate the form of the text to your arguments?
If you mean form as in how the text is structured like non-linear or smth, I personally would say treat the form technique like a normal technique and still explain the effect in RELaTION to your argument. Just like all your other techniques, form should still contribute to your argument. But place it at the frront so you can build it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)