• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

They asked for an interview, does this mean I got the job? (2 Viewers)

Lauralye1000

HSC
I applied online at a fast food resteraunt and then the next day I went in to ask if I should bring my resume In,in person. I didn't have it on me but the woman said they were jut processing online claims that day and took down my number and age(18) and availability.
I got a call a couple of days later and the women said they didn't get my resume online but if I could come in for an interview the next day.

The woman I met in person was really nice and the one that called was as well. Do you think because they called me up even though they didn't get my resume that I have a good chance of being hired? They know my age but the problem is that they don't know I don't know how to use a cash register:/ Ive had a job before at a family business but it was in a different line of work...

Lauralye1000

HSC
****also do you think they wouldn't hire me knowing I don't know how to use a cash register?

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
****also do you think they wouldn't hire me knowing I don't know how to use a cash register?
yes, u get trained by another person. u get like 3-4 shifts as a trainee and after that, ur on ur own :p may i ask what fast food place this is?

Lauralye1000

HSC
Hungry jacks:) and thank you for the reply, :) I was just a bit concerned because since they haven't seen my resume yet they don't know that I don't have any experience in the food industry and using a cash register:/

I really really hope I get this job! After my interview I'll post in here how it went and the types of questions thy asked for other people who also applied at hungry jacks!

Lauralye1000

HSC
yes, u get trained by another person. u get like 3-4 shifts as a trainee and after that, ur on ur own :p may i ask what fast food place this is?
Ooow I forgot to ask, is learning how to use a cash register very difficult? Is it easy to pick up?

funstudy

HSC
I've had about 5 interviews for jobs, never got the call back.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Haha it sounds like the really want you. Good luck ! :)

deswa1

HSC
Hopefully you get the job- fingers crossed.

Tbh, fast food places hardly need a resume, its not as though you need past experience to work there or need certain qualifications. They can train you very easily. What would be more important than the resume is how you present yourself -> are you confident, friendly, hard working etc.

Good luck

Lauralye1000

HSC
Hey everyone thanks for all the answers! I had my interview today and I think I rambled on a lot but the manager said she liked me because I had personality!! So she's given me a hire pack and I have to fill It out and bring it back into the store.

She just asked me some general questions such as why I want to work there and she also said to 'tell me about yourself'. But I did talk a lot about nothing and I just hoped she doesn't think I'm too weird:/ Anyway she said she wanted to hire me so I suppose I didn't do that badly:)

Thank you again for all your help everyone:)

deswa1

HSC
Yay well done :)

And questions like 'tell me about yourself' etc. are extremely standard interview questions so I guess its also good to get practice and exposure to them for future jobs as well.

Congrats

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Ooow I forgot to ask, is learning how to use a cash register very difficult? Is it easy to pick up?
i dont work at hungry jacks so i wouldnt know, but personally its piss easy. well i work at derp fc and the food is categorised. the register should be the least of ur worries, u may get a few bad customers here and there so just dont do anything that offends them so even if your correct and they are wrong, just knuckle down. a recent example was when i was reconfirming their order before i started packing, the woman was just like "yup,yea,yerrrrrr" and when i finish packing she tells me i got one order wrong. LIKE BITCH WTF I REPEATED UR ORDER AND U SED EVERYTHING WAS CORRECT AND NAO U TELL ME I GOT SOMETHING WRONG?!?! so i just had to apologise and repack -_-

always give out the correct change esp. with notes, some may be stuck together and u cud end up giving more to the customer. this happened to me once......not a good feeling cuz i had to pay up T_____T

sorry about the uber late reply, i was busy lolol

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Its illegal for an employer to reduce an employees income to recoup losses by accident.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Its illegal for an employer to reduce an employees income to recoup losses by accident.
That's a really nice way of saying it but yeah, that's exactly my thoughts. Are employers really fussed over a few dollars difference at the register if they are certain that the employee isn't stealing?

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
That's a really nice way of saying it but yeah, that's exactly my thoughts. Are employers really fussed over a few dollars difference at the register if they are certain that the employee isn't stealing?
if its $5 or less they dont care but i was off by 20 ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)