Things that are one my mind... (1 Viewer)

unknown_

HSC
Hello...

after a long time of hearing about this site i finally decided to visit it and register :)

i have some questions

i am 17 and doing my HSC. its 11:43pm and tomorrow is the start of my half yearlies, i only have 3 exams this week which ths first is english... i went to study for my english exam only to realise that i had done no work, i had sheets, scraps of paper and snippets of paragraphs etc... It wasnt actaully that bad but when i looked i actaully stood back and went "is that all iv done"?

How importand are these half yearlies really?

I used to be a good student ... 85% (i think thats good). but as the years have progressed have seem to "lose my interest" and now i get about <70% for every exam i do. at the start of the year i was doing extension maths 1 unit... and i got 4% =(.. i then realised that i was definatley kidding myself and now i do general maths

Last year i didnt do anywork... and i kept saying "ill work next year" now that it has come im still doing none

i am to get a UAI of 80 +, is that possible at my current standard, i think not

i dont even know if i want to go to UNI, even though 1 outta 3 people do.

My sister completed her HSC 3 years ago and is now at Marquarie uni, she got a UAI of 96.85.. i remember she used to be up in her room studying every night, every night.

i cannot help but think my family expects this of me, not that its a big deal for them. Not implying that my family doesnt care what i get but that they want me to do my best

i often hear stories of people who at the start of year 12 decided to "do well". One of these is from my H/R teacher who told me of one of her students who wasnt really that bright and at the start of year 12 decided to work and ended up of getting a UAI of 98.5

Is it too late for me?

I lack motivation, eg of this can be me saying "ill work next year", i also lack commitment.

I do no study at all and usually spend most of my time on my computer playing "Halo" or writing scripts for AutoIt3.

I have no idea what i want to do at UNI if i decide to go, i still have no idea what i want to be/do when i leave school.

I would like to be in a "professional" band or have some connection to the music industry as i like music, not that my music results show that.... I often think "i have what it takes to be famous" and then i think of all the people that havent made in the industry and have to have a 2nd job to get by.

I dont have a job and i have only acculated 8hrs on my Learners Permit, hence adding to my lazyness

Im not sure why im telling everyone this or what i hope to gain but i just needed to vent myself

I do want to do well in my HSC, and i know that the result i get will reflect how much work i have put in, which atm is non-existent

Can i still reach my hope of getting a UAI of 80+?

Thankouy for taking the time to hear me out =)

line_backer

HSC
Welcome to BoS
Have u read the threads about motivation yet?
And the "idiots guide to 90+" (still good for 80+)
Try to use SAM to predict what you need for 80+

Try ur best
Have some self-belief
Establish clear goals

Find the time to study
Understand what it takes to get 80+
Cram if you have to
Keep persisting
?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
we had english too!
are you from my school? *raises eyebrow*

stupid question... '-_-

IceBreaker

HSC
if worse comes to worse, you can just choose to focus on your best 3 subjects and next year you can choose to repeat 3 of your other subjects at TAFE(yes you can do this) and therefore recalculate your UAI. But i recommend just to try your best in all your subjects and assesment for now and how you go. good luck

-IceBreaker

monique66

my career's advisors son got 50 in his trials and he was really disappointed so he worked relly hard and got 80+, trials haven't even happened yet so if you start putting in work you'll get there :)

unknown_

HSC
ty all, today in english i thought i would bum out but i actaully musta of written about 2000 words or sumshit cause my hand was cramping, i finished the paper but didnt get all of what i wanted to say =(

snowblack

bleh
HSC
Dont worry , all you need is motivation. Thats the first step in deciding how well u wanna do...All the best unknown, u can do it ! :)

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Awww, I'm sure you can pick yourself up and do great. As has been said, you just need some motivation :) I heard a story from Jo Sanders, this motivational speaker, she failed her trials, and then decided to work really hard and got a UAI of 86. You can do anything you put your mind to. Good luck, I hope you reach your goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)