• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Things to do when moving out of home... (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
But the Hume Highway isnt that pogo stick friendly.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
haha xayma how do u know about the F88? are u in the cadets or something?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Soph, my list:

-Health care cards
-Insurance (haven't done this yet as I haven't been alocated my room, but I think most insurers have contents policies for the type of accomodation we are staying in. It's probably easier just to insure the contents of your room)
-Make sure you have all your important documents. i.e. passport (just in case u lose your drivers license and need ID), tax file number, bank book. Any receipts from fees you have paid to the uni.
-Make sure your parents have a copy of your bank account details.

That's about all I have done.... lol. This is the girl who is leaving on Sunday and still hasn't packed the majority of her stuff, so I wouldn't call this list definative!!!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by inasero
haha xayma how do u know about the F88? are u in the cadets or something?
Yeah, Ive done a WTTS shoot doing a live one later this year along with another 2 WTTS

Jealousy

Banned
Originally posted by reynaldo
i wouldn't bother about changin' nuffin, unless you live way far from your original home..

all i am gettin' for the 'adult world' is;

- white armani suit
- white italian leather shoes
- widescreen laptop ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=669156&Sku=E400-M5310 P )
- extra clothing such as stonewashed hilfiger jeans and christian dior silk shirts..

nothing extravagant, just common sense material goods.
I know I wouldnt be caught dead in anything less...when people mention such vile words as Target or K-mart I feel nautious. Thank god someone around here knows what the essentials are to looking good.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by melbournian
Its going to be a bloody busy 2 weeks.
Well what if you were leaving tommorrow? and what colour is the suit (thats like the only bit of co-ord I care about)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Black, its the most practical.
What is it just the jacket and pants or is the shirt black as well, cant have that great a variety of coloured shirts then (imagines a guy with black jacket, shirt and tie). And only 1 arent you more likely to buy 7 or 8.

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
A shirt is not part of a suit.
I know but sometimes you get shirts with the rest of it usually they are crap but.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
oh, a very important thing for when you move into a new place..

make friends with the owners of your local convenience store (in my case - the nice asian lady at 7/11).. after a while they will start to give you slight discounts and give you freebies (in my case - foreign candy) .. it may be only 10c discount, but it adds up.

and when its 40 degrees outside, its also a nice place to hang around (air conditioning) and enjoy free slurpee's with your new friend :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)