Things to help you sleep (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey i was wondering if anyone knows good things to do/take to make it easier for you to sleep. As from previous times, yes i have been nervouse which has made it harder, but just wondering like coff medicines or something,

thankyou in advance Kutay

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Meh my sleep from 4.30am - midday has to stop rofl...... bleh why dont they put the exams at night...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
when I drink too much, I pass out, then I wake up later

nah on a more serious note: I always get my 8+ hours sleep
u need sleep or u will not perform to ur optimum in the nights ie. dont stay up cramming the night b4 exams!
I have NEVER chucked an all nighter over the HSC, only when I'm out... lol

Last edited:

rusty_rouge

HSC
My mum says to drink warm milk - but milk is pretty yucky, lol, so I suggest having that hot water, honey and lemon thing - reallly nice and sleepy...zzz...

Umm - try not to study the moment before you sleep - have an hour's break to relax, have downtime, so your brain doesnt think too much while its preparing to sleep. That helps prevent the nightmares about exams too :D

Oh, and don't eat right before you sleep, it keeps you awake. Well, keeps me awake..

blue_eye_baby

HSC
try some tablet supplements, ive been on a gingko bilboba (i thinks thats how u spell it) helps with concentration, nerves, circulation etc or a vitamin b stress tablet...although there kinda like horse tablets

eating before u sleep inst a good idea cos it does keep u up and it also can be stored
-->thus making fat
-->bad :p

LostAuzzie

HSC
I can, I used to do the ones in the newspapers before school started. They became a craze in our school everybody doing them, few finishing them ;)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont sleep, not beacuse i cant, but i just dont want to.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I have no trouble sleeping, maybe I should be by now, but oh well.

Try putting a few drops of lavendar oil on your pillow. Lavendar makes you sleepy. :p

If you don't have lavendar oil, lie in bed, close your eyes and think of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, or something else colourful and imaginative.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Can anyone actually do those soduku puzzles? They're so hard. :(
No they arent!! lol i have a whole book of sudoku puzzles. i love them.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i read somewhere that the average person takes 7 minutes to fall asleep. and if you're still lying in bed after 7 minutes then you should get up, do something for a while, then try to sleep again

elisabeth

HSC
powerhouse said:
You guys really so stressed that you can't sleep?
Well personally, I'm just a night person and it always takes me an hour or so to get to sleep. For my whole life, so it's not just a question of stress.

Götterfunken

HSC
Afterwards, orgasm generally causes perceived tiredness, and both males and females often feel a need to rest. This is often attributed to the release of endorphins during orgasm causing relaxation and drowsiness, but can also be due to the body's need for a short rest after a bout of vigorous physical activity.

A recent study at the University of Groningen has indicated significant differences in brain activity during the female and male orgasm. PET scans showed that both the female and male orgasm 'shut down' areas in the brain associated with anxiety and fear (the Amygdala). It was found that the male orgasm focused the brain on sensory input from the genitals more than was the case for the female orgasm.
So have an orgasm. Duh.

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
i read somewhere that the average person takes 7 minutes to fall asleep. and if you're still lying in bed after 7 minutes then you should get up, do something for a while, then try to sleep again
WTF!? I wish I were one of those 'average' people.

Last night I went to bed at about 9:30pm thinking I'd catch up on some sleep. I was still awake, lying in bed when the clock hit midnight!

My brain thinks like crazy at night... although a plus is that I come up with some pretty awesome business ideas.

Any hints/tips that really do work?

Redneck Chick

HSC
hey i have a fish tank in my room, and its calming and relaxing to hear the water flowing fom the filter and the bubbles and stuff, so try it out seriously i have slept sop much better since i put it in 2 weeks ago, oh and its relaxing to watch the fish swim around during the day too!!! simple things amuse simple minds right!! Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)