Things to help you sleep (1 Viewer)

dirtymidget

HSC
download - sorry, buy - some relaxing music or rainforest sounds or something and listen to them through an ipod/discman/wateva as your going to sleep. most portable audio players turn off automatically after they've finished playing so you shouldnt need to worry about battery.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i cant sleep with music. my best friend listens to the radio non stop. all thru the night. it just doesnt get turned off. even when she goes out! when i sleep at her house, i just cant fall asleep. the music is too distracting

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
i read somewhere that the average person takes 7 minutes to fall asleep. and if you're still lying in bed after 7 minutes then you should get up, do something for a while, then try to sleep again
most people who are doing the HSC don't behave like average people

cataleptic

HSC
Try a few drops of Lavender oil on your pillow, or a few sprigs of it under your pillow.

Aromatherapeutically, it's reknowned for conking you out ;)

HSC
I have heaps of trouble sleeping when exams r on as well... i dont think its stress or nervousness, but when im lying in bed i just cant switch out of study mode. English essays r the worse! they go through my head like crazy!

I reckon the worst thing u can do 4 urself is study before u go 2 bed. If u do then u wont be able to switch ur brain off. Watch tv or have a bath or sumthing about an hour before u go 2 bed... that way wen it cums to bed time u will already be relaxed and sleepy.

Stazie

HSC
yes, yes lavender definately and try to picure black...nothing but black...i am a previous insomniac :p

Stickboy

shellybelly087 said:
i cant sleep with music. my best friend listens to the radio non stop. all thru the night. it just doesnt get turned off. even when she goes out! when i sleep at her house, i just cant fall asleep. the music is too distracting

hehe i cant sleep w/o the radio, for me when its quiet its really deafining like.... its weird... but yeah sleeping with the radio on MIGHT help... or even with the humming of a fan or something, clock are just annoying.

Theres Cds out that have sleep music... no idea what its called though

also exercising an hour before hand or even meditating helps

hollybox

HSC
Read This

Step 1: Put down all notes and school work, try to clear your head
step 2: Make yourself a nice filling dinner, something like mashed potatos or pasta
step 3: Have a hot shower
step 4: Jump into bed with nice clean sheets and warm room
step 5: Pick up a book (not a prescribed one!) read till sleepy
step 6: If you still can't sleep gab an ipod, discman or some sort of music and listen to classical.

Sleep tight!

Sar_28

HSC
i put my clock radio onto triple j and turn it down heaps low so i can still here a bit of chatter---thankyou john saffron!

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
Rafy said:
Meh my sleep from 4.30am - midday has to stop rofl...... bleh why dont they put the exams at night...
i can't agree more, although ive actually tried to go to bed early around 1am, and i still wake up @ 11+, i tried setting my alarm for 9am this morning but i forgot to actually push the thing across so that it goes on :|

Hempy

I couldnt sleep the night before english paper one, so my dad gave me a sleeping tablet. Fantastic sleep but I was still drowsy in the exam. So if you're gonna do the same, I would go with like half a tablet very early in the night. That's my advice.

I'm actually feeling sleepy now...which is bad because i haven't started studying for religion.

cataleptic

HSC
Watch really boring TV, like informercials. You'll be hittin' the z's in no time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)