Thinkin about forever. . . (1 Viewer)

KYKYJ

HSC
ok i kno we all say we want it to last forever but how many of us really kno if we hav found that 'special' someone. . ?
thoughts and comments?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
you can think it'll last forever, or at least a few years....but personally, you cant say for certain until you get there (eg. marriage), and even then you cant be entirely certain caus things happen that can alter your future with your partner

pmr_123

HSC
thats a rather good question, and something new for L&R...

well i know i want my relationship to last, but i honestly don't know if i have found that 'special someone'... we're only teenagers so it's not something i want to think too much into yet

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I find the number of young people who declare they want their relationship to last forever to be highly interesting, given something more solid and almost tangible, such as a career, is something that people struggle with deciding sooooo much at the same age.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I'm not going to say my relationship with my boyfriend is going to last forever, because I don't know that.

However, we are, and have been together, happy and in love for two years, and at the moment we hope to get married, grow old together, etc etc. People who are cynical or well, realistic tell me that it won't last, that I'm stupid, but they don't realise that if they were in my position, nothing anyone else says is going to matter to them either. Love is beautiful while it lasts, and seeing as love rarely does last, you should let nobody ruin your hopes that you'll be one of the few that will.

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
KYKYJ said:
how many of us really kno if we hav found that 'special' someone. . ?
because when you see them, soppy love songs like mariah carey and celine dion start playing, light shines from the heavens and wind blows their oh so gorgeous hair in just the right way...

repz

HSC
that being said, do we live in a society where it's harder to find the "one"
just looking at the divorce rate scares me
you just don't want to believe that they are the one, then have your dreams crushed.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
There are many people out there and you won't have the oppurtunity to meet and understand them all.

The concept of a 'soul mate' is in our world is unrealistic. A minority of divorces occur due to the lack of sustaining a long lasting relationship. Questioning whether you made the right choice and reinforcing the negative aspects of your relationship can be detrimental. Some choose to give up the hope of finding a partner that they are completely compatible with and instead make a settlement. It's important to realise that you can't have everything.

To define the 'special someone' is not an easy task itself. You can never be sure your ever making the right or wrong dicesions. Similarly you may as well categorise 'hope' into the same group. We all have the intention of finding the perfect partner and die old. You know the story of the old man and lady sitting and watching the world go by while quietly retiring to their front porch, relaxing on their swinging chairs. Just be contempt with life itself.

'Too young to hold on, too old to just break free and run' - Jeff Buckley

KYKYJ

HSC
Finding th one means to me at least that we don't just see perfection in beauty but that we see imperfection beautifully. . . and that may happn at more then one time but when it really does You'll know!

ariande

The Don
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I'm not going to say my relationship with my boyfriend is going to last forever, because I don't know that.

However, we are, and have been together, happy and in love for two years, and at the moment we hope to get married, grow old together, etc etc. People who are cynical or well, realistic tell me that it won't last, that I'm stupid, but they don't realise that if they were in my position, nothing anyone else says is going to matter to them either. Love is beautiful while it lasts, and seeing as love rarely does last, you should let nobody ruin your hopes that you'll be one of the few that will.
That is exactly how I feel at the moment with my boyfriend. I don't think I can say forever because I have no idea what may happen, but I'd LIKE to.

dany_starlet

HSC
I think it's a burden to have found the right person at this moment in time. Right person meaning there is nothing you would change about this person and they are the type of person you could be with the rest of your life.

Yeah I've found a person who is the right person for me. I do imagine if we last how amazing life would be..

But you have the future that is bound to break you in two and it's not as though if it's 'love it will last' because there are so many things in life that are more important to that person.

I believe if you have someone in your life that you used to love or have strong feelings for, come up to you and ask you to spend the rest of your life with them.. and you say no, you know the person your with right now is who you want to be with. Did that make sense?
A huge temptation is in view but you reject it because what you have right now is better.

Yeah so... some advice I get from my male friends is that you shouldn't look so far into the future. Live in the now not tomorrow. If it lasts, it lasts. That's life.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
I don't believe there is any such thing as the "perfect" lover or boyfriend or girlfriend or wife or husband. We're all imperfect and it's unrealistic (as above) to think we'll find someone like that.
HOWEVER, finding someone who is imperfect but is right for you is what you should aim for. Someone whos faults sit well with your own so that you can help each other be better people. And if this person IS right for you, then you will work through any issues and no matter what, that person will be priority number one if it comes down to the crunch.
That's love.
Anything else is a compromise.

HSC
i think theres someone out there who's perfect for you, even with their imperfections. perfect doesnt have to mean they have no flaws or your relationship doesnt have flaws.
i'd like to be with the guy im with right now for a very long time; but i just cant say that will happen cos i know it probably wont. it'd be nice though :)

veronique <3

HSC
bscienceboi said:
'Too young to hold on, too old to just break free and run' - Jeff Buckley
Yes. That line from that song couldn't be more true. I believe that life right now is to experience heartache, mistakes, faults, and bad, confusing relationships - this is how you learn, grow and strengthen as an individual. I believe at this stage that even if you think that you're with the ONE who you're going to live the rest of your life "forever" with, chances are you'll both move on, change & find yourself - yet subconsciously or not always appreciate the ways u've impacted eachother in the long run: that is teh greatest thing - they'll always be a part of your past & most likely you'll look back and smile someday.

:rolleyes:

twiddla

I Don't believe that any relationship will not have its ups and downs but if you have found the one which I believe is possible the relationship will be able to survive those.

If you are looking for someone that you will never disagree with then you are barking up the wrong tree, on the other hand if you are looking for someone who you can travel the journey of life with then yes it is entirely possible to find that person. I only have to look at my parents (30 yrs and still going) to realise that it is! However in order to find this person you must be willing to put others before yourself!

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
ive been trying to discuss this with myself the past few weeks. I live in a really small town with absolutely nothing..the closet decent size town is almost an hour away, so going to UNI or TAFE there is going to cost me every penny i make because of the price of bloody fuel. my boyfriend is one of those real farmy boys that is happy to live in the country all his life and never go beyond his bubble of people and places he knows well. I, right now, would be willing to give up going to uni or even TAFE just to be with him, and become a farmy girl myself, and i may have lived in the country for the majority of my life, but i am FAR from a hard working sweaty farm chick. But i would be willing to change who I am just to be with him, yet i find myself thinking, WHAT IF, we break up in 6 months, im fucked (scuse my language)...there is nothing here for ME, except my family and my boyfriend, which is alot, but doesnt fulfill all my ambitions in life. I always said i was going to have a big house on the beach, some how my mind could be changed by my boy. he wont help with the decision though, he just keeps telling me "its up to you"...anyone elses suggestions would go down great...i dont want to leave him:(

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
My first love came back to me after three years. [not sure on either side what happened]
Now after what is nearly four years, we're back together.
What does this mean?
Its still early days
Yet it feels timeless and eternal.

GSTARRAW

Aww man,
Reading all this eternal love stuff really is depressing. It makes you ponder your current situation and question whether what you want will come to reality or end up in the gutter. More often then not at this age, plans like these will end up in the gutter as we are surrounded by a plethora of temptation. I'm not saying that i'd be tempted as i have the will power to see past that, however, you just don't know these days. Certainty is blind. One can never be sure!
Sucks really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)