Thinking of changing schools (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Because the HSC doesn't (and shouldn't) determine how successful you're going to be, both in terms of how much you're paid and weather you'll end up doing something you'll enjoy.
You're pointing out exceptions. Generally, high achievers at school get better jobs in law, medicine, science, engineering, economics etc. and shitcunts end up as garbos, mechanics, electricians, miners etc.

I'm pretty sure kids aim for these courses at uni because they enjoy that sort of stuff like why would someone aim to do BSc if they hated science and dreaded a sciencey career?

It's possible to do that, yes. But 3 hours of social life on a Saturday night versus the 15 hours of study you think you need to do is far from healthy. Oh wait, mum and dad said that it is healthy. sorry, i'm clearly wrong.
It will be worth it in the future.

This reply is the equivalent of me interpreting the above above section literally. You can't get in with a school certificate, but you could do (could as in would have the ability to complete, not could as in would be able to get into it with a school certificate fuckihateexplaingeasilyinterpratedshittofuckingretards) the course with a school certificate and like a 2 month bridging course as opposed to 2 years of pure bullshit.
You need an ATAR.

A 99 ATAR won't get you the charisma to run a company or change our perceptions with scientific thinking. That shit's gained through real experience and just being that kind of person. Nor will it get you the ability to act under pressure and make good decisions, act with reasoning and decisiveness. It will, however, prepare you for a fruitless and mundane workload that doesn't contribute to actually improving us as humans.
You don't get a 99 ATAR to become a businessman/woman.

I've been to both co-ed and all boys schools. Its not hard to see the difference in quality of person that comes out of either. Co-ed makes real people. Same sex makes douschebags or socially inept failures.
Because your friend group consists of those only from your school. Go out and meet other people.

This message brought to you from one of the 200 cramped rooms at a pretty highly ranking boarding school.
Kay.

Cowbell

HSC
You're pointing out exceptions. Generally, high achievers at school get better jobs in law, medicine, science, engineering, economics etc. and shitcunts end up as garbos, mechanics, electricians, miners etc.
Are you fucking serious? How many kids could you go up to, right now, and have them say they want to be a doctor or a lawyer? Because I know its a good 20% of kids at my school. Do you honestly believe that 20% of the population are going to be doctors of lawyers? Be realistic. There are going to be so many disappointed kids who don't get into what they wanted because they thought that studying 15 hours a week would ensure their future. They'll get the mark, but they'll bomb their shit in an interview or a situation that the curriculum doesn't prepare them for. They're the ones being lied to, they're the victims. Generally, the kids who have the high marks DON'T get to do what they wanted, because there aren't that many god-tier jobs out there. You're the one pointing out the exceptions. Fuck, it's not my fault you can't handle the reality of the HSC. Sounds like you're one of the people who have their false hope driving them. You should hope that you're actually intelligent, not just another rote-learning computer. If not, you're looking into a grey and dreary tunnel.

AbaKaan

HSC
Are you fucking serious? How many kids could you go up to, right now, and have them say they want to be a doctor or a lawyer? Because I know its a good 20% of kids at my school. Do you honestly believe that 20% of the population are going to be doctors of lawyers? Be realistic. There are going to be so many disappointed kids who don't get into what they wanted because they thought that studying 15 hours a week would ensure their future. They'll get the mark, but they'll bomb their shit in an interview or a situation that the curriculum doesn't prepare them for. They're the ones being lied to, they're the victims. Generally, the kids who have the high marks DON'T get to do what they wanted, because there aren't that many god-tier jobs out there. You're the one pointing out the exceptions. Fuck, it's not my fault you can't handle the reality of the HSC. Sounds like you're one of the people who have their false hope driving them. You should hope that you're actually intelligent, not just another rote-learning computer. If not, you're looking into a grey and dreary tunnel.
true dat...its a cruel world
so many people i know who got 99.95 and got rejected in the interview part...

the whole system is crap

and then theres the rumours of includng competition results as part of ur HSC in a couple o years... like ICAS Science Comp, etc.
crap, crap ....crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)