Third Major for Bcomm (1 Viewer)

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Well Econometrics and Finance would be more interesting than Accounting and you chose that.
Besides doing the three I mentioned would be able to get you an interesting job.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Soma said:
Well Econometrics and Finance would be more interesting than Accounting and you chose that.
Besides doing the three I mentioned would be able to get you an interesting job.
Im doing Econometrics and its boring and shit. Accounting on the other hand i find to be quite interesting... though you dont know me so i wouldnt assume you would know what interests me. Id much prefer (and perhaps find more interesting) a job in Government and International Relations than Finance.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah same, which is why im kinda thinking i should swap over to eco/social sciences, cos i can still do marketing and also my govt/ecop subjs' will actually count properly for something?? i dont know, its confusing

stazi

Nightman
HSC
But my question isn't whether i can do 3 majors (1 of them double). It was whether the final document that I receive once I leave uni will aknowledge all the majors I did as I heard you can only get aknowledged two max for a single degree and 3 max for a double. Com(lib studies) isn't exactly a double

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
absolution* said:
Im doing Econometrics and its boring and shit. Accounting on the other hand i find to be quite interesting... though you dont know me so i wouldnt assume you would know what interests me. Id much prefer (and perhaps find more interesting) a job in Government and International Relations than Finance.
Well if you ever wanted to work in Treasury then econometrics would be the best major.

aditya

HSC
hey Soma, how can u major in those 3? does econometrics count as a science? is that how u can? cuz that is absoulty AWESOME.....

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Ha shit I don't even know if you can and I don't even go to USyd.
But yeh that combo would be pretty kickass.

aditya

HSC
lol u gumby....

nah but my tutor for ecmt1010 did 3 majors, economics, econometrics and finance oh, and maths.... he done combined science/commerce - he said that he counted some of his units in econometrics as a part of his science degree... so in his commerce he still had room for 2 majors...

i dno sounds pretty swift to me - hes gonna be working with macquarie bank... he got an internship with em... gun

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
aditya said:
lol u gumby....

nah but my tutor for ecmt1010 did 3 majors, economics, econometrics and finance oh, and maths.... he done combined science/commerce - he said that he counted some of his units in econometrics as a part of his science degree... so in his commerce he still had room for 2 majors...

i dno sounds pretty swift to me - hes gonna be working with macquarie bank... he got an internship with em... gun
I work at Macquarie too.
Most managers there have majored in accounting and finance and have a CA and/or MBA.
Also a lot of the Business Analysts and people who work in treasury did econometrics.

aditya

HSC
NO WAY DO U :eek:

far out.... guns... absoulte guns...

what did u do? course majors etc?

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
It's not really because I'm brilliant or anything, I just know a division director there.
But fyi I'm doing B.Business/LLB at UTS.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wait i have no idea how ecmt can be considered for the science c.p. In the science handbook I don't believe it's even listed in the appropriate column.
That would be swell though if it can be counted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)