thirteen (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328538/

I saw it today, it creeped the fucking hell out of me. It's actually written by the girl who played Evie and loosely based on events in her life. I mean, she's only 14 now how fucked up must she have been a few years ago?

Holly Hunter played the mother Mel fabulously, I must admit. But the entire film creeped me out and they're only 13!

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yeah with those two chicks... Shes hot

Interesting movie- i wanna take my mum to see it to scare the pants off her... In fact take any mum that has a 13 year old daughter and they wont be able to go out much.. hehehehe

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
it's on dvd now, I rented it today.

But seriously, I look at teens today and I reckon more than half can probably relate to this film.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i watched it last night and it was so disturbing. It was such a heavy movie. One thing that got to me was the fact that they were only 13. I thought that made it less believable. I understand that this shit does happen to people that young but it made it out as though it was really common, like all the kids were out doing that shit. I dont know maybe because it was american, but you look at the kids in year 7 and they look so much younger and, maybe im just being ignorant, but i just think it would have been more realistic if it was about 15/16 year olds.

Ohh and i dont know, maybe you are right loz and i missed something, but i watched most of the movie with the commentary and the girl who played evie didnt actually write it, the writer/director/whatever is her auntie (i think its auntie) and she based it loosely on the changes she witnessed in nikki's attitude (the girl who played her) and her anger towards her mother and so on rather than the events in her life... so she wasnt, although they didnt say explicitly, addicted to drugs or shit like that.

but overall great movie!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I guess that's what creeped me out the entire film, the fact that these girls were only 13.

I checked imdb, that's a pretty factual site, it says Nikki Reed (Evie) co-wrote it and in the trivia it says it's "loosely" based on her life. But maybe you're right, seeing as though she only "co-wrote" it. But I hope it wasn't really about her because Evie in the film did some fucked up shit.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
fucken tell me about it... i just hope to god there arent too many kids like evie out there.
I started crying at the end when tracy lost it after evie put all the shit on her. Apparently she wasnt even meant to cry then, when mel was trying to restrain and calm her, just yell and shit but the scene was so emotional and tough that she started crying and lost it on her own accord and they decided to go along with it.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
is it available at regular DVD outlets? I want to see it.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i saw it on in video ez
and probably will pick it up when vid ez has their deals
by this i mean $2 for each movie (tues & thrus)

capsicum

HSC
i wanted to see it before but never got the chance to. now that it's out on dvd im gonna go rent it. like TODAY. maybe NOW.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i saw it at the movies. in one sense i thought, you know, that's not how 13 year olds act. but in another sense a lot of that was really me at 13, so i don't know what my problem was. :confused: it was sad, tho

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
steph@nie said:
is it available at regular DVD outlets? I want to see it.
Yeah you can rent it.

I always felt sorry for Evie and Tracy, then I didn't. Then I did again. It was just a see-saw.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Im very glad you got to watch Thirteen Loz.

I watched this months and months ago, and am a firm believer that Evan Rachel Wood deserved Best Actress at the Academy Awards. I campaigned at the time to get her nominated along with Holly and Nikki Reed (writing) - but only Holly managed to get a nom, despite Evan getting SAG and Globe nods.

It chilled me, especially some of the arguments and confrontations between Holly and Evan.

My only criticism is that this is borderline "Lifetime" Movie - Lifetime being the womens channel in america, that brings TV movies like "Dangerous Child" with Delta Burke, and very similar others.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Why are you glad I got to watch it?

The whole movie just creeped me out. I don't know what it is but it's actually scary to think teens, young teenagers even, are doing that sort of shit.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Loz#1 said:
Why are you glad I got to watch it?

The whole movie just creeped me out. I don't know what it is but it's actually scary to think teens, young teenagers even, are doing that sort of shit.
Yes, its very confronting, and from talking to my friend Rachel from the states, she tells me its not too uncommon.

Im glad that you, and ANYONE got to see this movie. Cuz i liked it so much.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I enjoyed it, but I didn't enjoy it. I squirmed the entire movie, I just couldn't come to grips with the fact that these girls were only 13.

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
the part where they got high on the aerosols and smacked each other freaked me out

"do it again, i cant feel it" ... *shudder*

pcwizz

Cicciolina

HSC
I haven't seen this movie but have heard tons about it since some of my friends saw it. It's 'loosely' based on her life because Nikki Reed encorporated a lot of things that she had heard other girls her age were doing. And I think it was her father's girlfriend (not sure, can't remember) who noticed the change and thought as a way for Nikki to get all her emotions out was to put it on paper, which helped, and then they started to develop it as a script bringing into other stuff Nikki heard what other girls had done. Initially she was suppose to play Evan Rachel Wood's role but she just couldn't do it since it was too much for her, which was why she played Evie in the end.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It was ok (I saw it at the cinema). It was certainly disturbing, but I think a little stereotypical in some ways. Constant shots of things like billboards etc seemed to point the finger at the media and advertising and that motif was a little overstated. They seemed to do everything that is stereotyped as "teen rebellion"... I liked it, but I didn't think it bought much fresh insight in to the whole troubled teen thing. However I felt that is was really well acted, and that is what made it a good movie.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
pc_wizz said:
the part where they got high on the aerosols and smacked each other freaked me out

"do it again, i cant feel it" ... *shudder*

pcwizz
Yes! That bit creeped me out. Not just the first scene, but further on into the film where Evie completely knocked Tracy out. Stupidity at it's best.

Winston

HSC
Can someone provide a brief summary about it? =\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)