thirteen (2 Viewers)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Winston said:
Can someone provide a brief summary about it? =\
From imdb.com

"At the edge of adolescence, Tracy is a smart straight-A student--if not a little naive. When she befriends Evie, the most popular and beautiful girl in school, Evie leads Tracy down a path of sex, drugs and self-mutilation. As Tracy transforms herself and her identity, her world becomes a boiling, emotional cauldron fueled by new tensions between her and her mother--as well as, teachers and old friends."

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I borrowed it yesterday and watched it with some friends. I liked it, but at times I had to force myself to watch it. Thumbs up to Kip Pardue (Sunshine from Remember the Titans) cause he's really cute, and Holly Hunter was fantastic as the clueless mother. Bit disappointed with the end of it though, I don't see the importance of her screaming, but overall, not too bad.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Excellent movie.. i've seen this happen to far too many kids down my way. It happens throughout the teenage years.

Extremely heavy, and not for people who cannot understand conceptual movies. My friend came out of it and said he hated it... but he didnt understand it. He prefers '2 Fast, 2 Furious' and any other movie with hotted up cars in it.

Acting: Superb on all parts, especially Holly Hunter. 5/5
Watchability: heavy at many points, makes you cringe at others. 4.5/5
Value for money: Anyone who can think on an extremely basic level will enjoy the concepts put forward. 5/5
Storyline: Constant, flowing. 5/5

overall, 4.875/5

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think it sounds like some 13 year olds, but a very small number of them, i mean a minute number

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
What I couldn't grasp was, she went from being an A-grade loser, to cool in 5 seconds. It just didn't seem believeable.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
steph@nie said:
What I couldn't grasp was, she went from being an A-grade loser, to cool in 5 seconds. It just didn't seem believeable.
think about it,
if someone told you yo had stupid sockets would you turn ur whole life around?

p.s. i actually loved the whole movie and i want to have its babies but i thought that part was really funny

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
porge said:
think about it,
if someone told you yo had stupid sockets would you turn ur whole life around?

p.s. i actually loved the whole movie and i want to have its babies but i thought that part was really funny
oh yeh.. for sure :rolleyes:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
steph@nie said:
Yeah I noticed that. But then again, Evie didn't really accept her until Tracy stole that woman's purse.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
my sister hired it out not really knowing anything about it, and assumed it was a regular teen coming of age story type of movie. By the end she was pretty freaked out so hopefully it will keep her off the pole for a few good years to come :p

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yeah, I hope it sets my 14 year old sister straight. Not that she's bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)