This is how I think ATAR should be calculated. (2 Viewers)

Examine

same
HSC
I have been in Australia for 2 years, I'll apply for disadvantage since my English is a barrier preventing me from performing my best and reaching my full potential, my carriers advisor at school said they will give me about 11 marks for my ATAR and my ATAR ranking will no longer compare with people who speak English properly since that it unfair, REAL ADVANTAGE RIGHT THERE :) hope it works out, I'm sure it will, they can have a look at my passport, LOL
It's not really unfair because you were given the option to do ESL but chose not to.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Yeah, maybe, but person who comes first should be treated the same way as someone who came second. I'm second in chemistry because of the stupid practical test, practical exams are not a measure of how smart/how hard some1 works because anyone can do well in pracs. I got 21/25 while class avarage was 22/25 and the highest was 24/25, due to a silly mistake that I made. Now, I have to get like 100% in trials to get rank 1 because I'm sure the guy ranked first will get a 90% I'm really pumped for those trials, I've done 30% on the ATAR so far, and I'm on about 25/30 average for all subjects, trials and HSC are 70% so I'm planning on getting at least 67/70 for all subject but I'm worried that not getting rank 1 will affect my final ATAR :(
Not really mate. To obtain full marks for a prac, you need to understand the theory behind it too, properly.

So you're basically bitter about someone beating you and consequently, you think that the HSC system is bullshit?

I'm pretty sure that if the person coming first gets 95% and you get 100%, he/she would be feeling the same way, in regards to what you're saying.

Also, regarding your original post, there are many people who do subjects from multiple faculties. I for one do 1 science + 2 social sciences... and the HSC system is good because it rewards those who have worked throughout the year, and you're not totally screwed if you bomb the HSC or vice-versa.

Additionally, similarly to what Aerath said, it's pretty ridiculous if you're cheating the system and I have no sympathy for you if you're basically scabbing undeserved bonus ATAR points.

llllllllllll

HSC
You and I know that's total bullshit.

I really don't get the point of this thread. Why bother complaining about the ATAR system if you're just going to cheat?
My English is actually not good, and I fit the criteria for EAS (Education Access Scheme) so I wouldn't call it cheating. My carriers advisor explained it to me. It is like all the people who apply for EAS are compared against each other so it is more fair and I actually changed to ESL because if I do advanced I'm not eligible for it. I'm coming first in ESL with a big gap but my English is still not good and I wouldn't call it cheating since I fit the criteria. If I don't apply for it, I will still get 95+ so it will not benefit me as much as I said before.
Regarding what I said about the system being not fair, that's just my opinion, the system I suggested in even worse but I read somewhere that the UK Education system is the best at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)