• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

This is why gays/lesbians can't have kids (2 Viewers)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
there is no evolutionary advantage in being able to pass on your genes to offspring

Lentern

HSC
Off topic I apologize for that but Sylvester (not cosmo) Do you think homosexuality is an illness? If not, why not with bearing to your belief that transgenderism is?

Garygaz

HSC
oh god i honestly struggle to comprehend how you can in any way see for it to be okay that an 11 year old essentially be getting a sex change. hmm yes trust the parents to make some petty observations, never mind getting him checked by a psychiatrist or the possibility of anti-depressants. nope, discount the fact that a small child is having gender-issues in a home with 2 lesbians who have no problems with changing their child's gender and pumping them full of hormones.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
basically, yeah

its obviously not the way humans are ought to be

I don't really give a shit about it though

Lentern

HSC
oh god i honestly struggle to comprehend how you can in any way see for it to be okay that an 11 year old essentially be getting a sex change. hmm yes trust the parents to make some petty observations, never mind getting him checked by a psychiatrist or the possibility of anti-depressants. nope, discount the fact that a small child is having gender-issues in a home with 2 lesbians who have no problems with changing their child's gender and pumping them full of hormones.
He has seen a psychiatrist you clot, ffs actually read the article, particularly when it's one you've posted.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure they would have gone through all of that already and no psychiatrist/doctor would allow it otherwise.

Lentern

HSC
basically, yeah

its obviously not the way humans are ought to be

I don't really give a shit about it though
Humans are meant to be a certain way? As in predetermination? Life would be a lot simpler if you just started going to mass and i stopped believing i think.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Humans are meant to be a certain way? As in predetermination? Life would be a lot simpler if you just started going to mass and i stopped believing i think.
obviously I mean that biologically humans are supposed to be sexually attracted to the opposite gender

homosexuality is selected against in nature. Sexual reproduction is a characteristic of the human species
like I said, I don't really give a fuck

but its not a matter of "oh well its just as normal if you don't swing that way"

Lentern

HSC
obviously I mean that biologically humans are supposed to be sexually attracted to the opposite gender

homosexuality is selected against in nature. Sexual reproduction is a characteristic of the human species
like I said, I don't really give a fuck

but its not a matter of "oh well its just as normal if you don't swing that way"
What about bisexuality? No Darwinian impediment to their procreation.

Garygaz

HSC
meh mixed up because there was 2 different psychiatrists' opinions. i'm pretty sure if you're threatening genital mutilation at age 7 its a serious psychiatric problem which simply changing gender won't fix. the human brain is no where near developed at that age and i won't be surprised in 10 years time when this person ends up severely psychologically damaged.

Lentern

HSC
meh mixed up because there was 2 different psychiatrists' opinions. i'm pretty sure if you're threatening genital mutilation at age 7 its a serious psychiatric problem which simply changing gender won't fix. the human brain is no where near developed at that age and i won't be surprised in 10 years time when this person ends up severely psychologically damaged.
From my knowledge of transgendered persons, if nothing was done than there would be a significant chance she would make an attempt on her life before she was old enough to give informed consent.

Lentern

HSC
yeah but there's no evolutionary reason for someone to bisexual
No evolutionary reason for someone to like the taste of chocolate, doesn't make them sick from deriving pleasure from it.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetness

Studies indicate that responsiveness to sugars and sweetness has very ancient evolutionary beginnings, being manifest as chemotaxis even in motile bacteria such as E. coli.[1] Newborn human infants also demonstrate preferences for high sugar concentrations and prefer solutions that are sweeter than lactose, the sugar found in breast milk.[2][3] Sweetness appears to have the highest taste recognition threshold, being detectable at around 1 part in 200 of sucrose in solution. By comparison, bitterness appears to have the lowest detection threshold, at about 1 part in 2 million for quinine in solution.[4] In the natural settings that human primate ancestors evolved in, sweetness intensity should indicate energy density, while bitterness tends to indicate toxicity[5][6][7] The high sweetness detection threshold and low bitterness detection threshold would have predisposed our primate ancestors to seek out sweet-tasting (and energy-dense) foods and avoid bitter-tasting foods. Even amongst leaf-eating primates, there is a tendency to prefer immature leaves, which tend to be higher in protein and lower in fibre and poisons than mature leaves.[8] The 'sweet tooth' thus has an ancient evolutionary heritage.

boris

Banned
HSC
No evolutionary reason for someone to like the taste of chocolate, doesn't make them sick from deriving pleasure from it.
of course there is
its full of delicious sugar

boris

Banned
HSC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetness

Studies indicate that responsiveness to sugars and sweetness has very ancient evolutionary beginnings, being manifest as chemotaxis even in motile bacteria such as E. coli.[1] Newborn human infants also demonstrate preferences for high sugar concentrations and prefer solutions that are sweeter than lactose, the sugar found in breast milk.[2][3] Sweetness appears to have the highest taste recognition threshold, being detectable at around 1 part in 200 of sucrose in solution. By comparison, bitterness appears to have the lowest detection threshold, at about 1 part in 2 million for quinine in solution.[4] In the natural settings that human primate ancestors evolved in, sweetness intensity should indicate energy density, while bitterness tends to indicate toxicity[5][6][7] The high sweetness detection threshold and low bitterness detection threshold would have predisposed our primate ancestors to seek out sweet-tasting (and energy-dense) foods and avoid bitter-tasting foods. Even amongst leaf-eating primates, there is a tendency to prefer immature leaves, which tend to be higher in protein and lower in fibre and poisons than mature leaves.[8] The 'sweet tooth' thus has an ancient evolutionary heritage, and while food processing has changed consumption pattern
ahahah a 5 stars

Lentern

HSC
haha seriously lentern
You're asking me if I'm serious after you've just admitted to holding some pre-Kinsey views about homosexuality being an illness. Are you saying that everything we take pleasure from which is not to our own betterment as a species is a sickness?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)