This may sound stupid but... (1 Viewer)

Bibs

HSC
yeah so, forgive what may potentially be a stupid question.. but when examining the prioritised need of the homeless, do you list shelter at the top? i mean, once they have that need forfilled, then they cease being that group in context. does neone get me?
The same can be said of socioeconomically disadvantaged. Do they require financial means as a top need? i've tried asking around but everyone seems to be vaugue on the topic. Wondering your thoughts....

Natzd

HSC
hey,
yeah i think that's a fantastic way of ordering their needs because like you said, once the homeless have shelter then they are more than likely out of that group.. but then you would have to make sure you link that in with other needs such as safe and secure shelter, and then their next needs would definetly have to be the other basic needs. having shelter as the first one is great because for all groups the besic needs should come first as they are the starting block to satisfying well-being.. if you don't know what the besic needs are, they are food, clothing and shelter
i hope this helps??

sally_33

HSC
yeah i would put housing at the top if i was prioritising the needs of the homeless. i know what you mean about them no longer being in that group if that need was fulfilled, but what you need to do is look at their immediate requirement/need that could prevent them from facing the problems that that group faces
(e.g. for socioeconomically disadvanted i would go 1. Financial support 2. Employment 3. Housing etc)

anyway, im not sure if that makes sense, but basically as long as you can justify your choices it shouldnt matter- there's no right or wrong to a large extent

:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)