This should be good news, but... (1 Viewer)

Abbeygale

HSC
I've just received an offer- Bachelor of Commerce, University of New South Wales. I'm stunned- I got 93.10, last year's cut off was supposedly 95.

As I researched degrees, I eventually decided that what I really wanted was Economics and Social Sciences at USYD, my second preference. However, as I was below the BComm cutoff, I didn't bother to change my preferences.

(I know that was stupid, don't remind me.)

What should I do? All the information out there seems to be for people who didn't make the cutoff, not people who did but were dumb with their preferences. I've rented an apartment near USYD, and I didn't even attend the UNSW open day. I know I can try transferring at the end of the year- is it possible to transfer any earlier? Is it probable to transfer at all?

I'm really no longer interested in the Commerce degree, and don't want to spend a year doing something I'm not into. Should I try for Arts in the late round instead, and try to transfer to Eco and Soc Sci later?

Does anybody have any thoughts?

heart

sm:)e
HSC
Can't you change your preferences and try and apply for Economics and Social Sciences in the late round?

Fingers crossed you get a late round offer

Abbeygale

HSC
I'm trying, but I'm having trouble. The website says that change of preference is available for the late round, but all it will let me do is check my preferences, not change them.

Gummy_bear

HSC
Abbeygale said:
I'm trying, but I'm having trouble. The website says that change of preference is available for the late round, but all it will let me do is check my preferences, not change them.
Ive also tried, perhaps its not letting anyone just yet. Im just going to wait till tomorrow morning and change my preferences around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)