• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

this sucks (2 Viewers)

Riddles

4th Gen. Ford Supporter
good question! u can ask me that if we get there
HSC
i'm one of the most experience workers my boss has got, but because i'm the oldest, i don't get any where near the amount of shifts that the younger ones get. it's pissing me off cos i'm only getting $40 a week, and i almost spend that much in a week

studynoob

HSC
N/A
then dont spend the money you earn instead save it up!! *rolls eyes* else if u dont feel that ur getting a fair go in your job find a better one!!!! where's the common sense in people?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Riddles said:
i'm one of the most experience workers my boss has got, but because i'm the oldest, i don't get any where near the amount of shifts that the younger ones get. it's pissing me off cos i'm only getting $40 a week, and i almost spend that much in a week
that's the way most places work... they give the 15 year old kids all the shifts cos they're cheaper.

my friend's just quit her job cos she only had 3 hours a week because she's just turned 18, and the other people are school kids, and during the day the owners work there so they don't need anyone.

studynoob

HSC
N/A
tomorrows_angel said:
that's the way most places work... they give the 15 year old kids all the shifts cos they're cheaper.

my friend's just quit her job cos she only had 3 hours a week because she's just turned 18, and the other people are school kids, and during the day the owners work there so they don't need anyone.
yeah i kinda agree with you!!! maybe the thread starter should start looking for a better job which requires the responsibility of older peeps!!!

studynoob

HSC
N/A
well for NOW you will have shit jobs with shit pay!!! to the point instead of whining bout how crap ur job is study hard and go to uni and when you finish uni you can get a better job!!!

studynoob

HSC
N/A
well that isnt so bad!!! live like shit now and live better later!!! unless u dont study!

studynoob

HSC
N/A
i'm 16 and i only got like 200 my bank my parents will buy me a car IF i make it into uni (hopefully) but it will be a shit car thou! while im in uni ill help my parents out in their restaurant for gas money! and i call my life shit until i finish uni!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
thats why as soon as i hit 17 i went ona contract so that i wouldnt be given less shifts
then i changed it when i turned 18 to do more hours so its all good 4 me

its bullshit because my 2 18 yr old friends have worked at redrooster since they were 15 and now they have to find new jobs because they overheard that they were gonna get fired because they are too old
and they have just hired all these new 14 yr olds
it is unfair..but such is life
work at woolies where they dont discriminate against you because of your age
we have hired 40yr old+ casuals ..they get paid heaps and work heaps

placebo101

HSC
people who don't wanna sign part time rosters usually don't get any shifts at all - at my work anyway. i signed one when i turned 18 so im gettin 13 hours a week. does anyone know if i can still get time off at christmas if im on this contract. i work at woolies.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
placebo101 said:
people who don't wanna sign part time rosters usually don't get any shifts at all - at my work anyway. i signed one when i turned 18 so im gettin 13 hours a week. does anyone know if i can still get time off at christmas if im on this contract. i work at woolies.
im on a 25 hour a week contract at woolies
if you want to take time off..you are entitled to 26 hours(double what you work)
so 2 weeks
you have to hand in your holiday form to your manager and they approove it or not..it should be ok unless they really need you at xmas
go to cash office and get a holiday form..fill it out and hand it in

placebo101

HSC
my store has been getting new workers over the last month or two. theres about 5 newbies on the checkouts and heaps on groceries.

soha said:
im on a 25 hour a week contract at woolies
if you want to take time off..you are entitled to 26 hours(double what you work)
so 2 weeks
you have to hand in your holiday form to your manager and they approove it or not..it should be ok unless they really need you at xmas
go to cash office and get a holiday form..fill it out and hand it in
that sounds alright then. but is there some kind of time period when you aren't allowed to take time off? cause this guy at skool told me you have to be permanent for 1 year before you can get the benefits (paid sick leave, time off etc...). my family is going away at christmas for 3 weeks to ballina, so i guess ill be staying home for a week. :) mmm house to myself.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Damnit! I want a job!

where do you start if you're 18 and has no previous experience.. (apart from yr10 work exp and a few volunteering positions!)

Private tutoring has good pay, but you can't get a proper job referee!

froggy_chik87

HSC
apply anywhere...just print off a shit load of resumes and hand them out!! it does make it a bit harder if your still at school, but when walking thru chatswood i always see places needing more staff, i'm sure its the same in other areas...

always be persistant...not annoying, but make sure you sound enthusiastic,and that you are right for their job!!

my hint, to anyone, don't apply at hoyts if you are in yr 12, you have lyk no chance of being hired!!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Eagles said:
Damnit! I want a job!

where do you start if you're 18 and has no previous experience.. (apart from yr10 work exp and a few volunteering positions!)

Private tutoring has good pay, but you can't get a proper job referee!
retail. they'll take bloody anyone they can get their hands on. god we have some drongos at our store because they dont interview people properly like they used to.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
we've had 3 new people in the last two months AND THEY'RE ALL 15. One is a surfy guy, who i think spends most of the time checking out the girls, One is 'princess tina' who spend 1/2 hour of packing up time slicing bread for herself, and tries to avoid the hard jobs where she might get her hands dirty, and the otrher one is ok... but a bit slow.

My main problem is that they have no initiative. for f***'s sake people USE YOUR BRAINS ONCE IN A WHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)