This Years English Paper Was Hard (1 Viewer)

quincyboi

HSC
harmanksaini said:
LOL!! funnni stuff ppzzz!!! lol yeh i thot the essay wasnt tooooo bad.. u cud twist it into woteva ur fing woz.. i prolli spent 40 minz on my essay... loooooool the comprehension.. *sighz * dat woz quite shit i rekon.... lol! i had noooo idea hhooooo da hell nomads are.. (yeh im bludy dumb!)... so i fugred deyre prolli sum kinda ttraveller considering the bludy exam is abt journey... lol! prose extract was aiiiight..... took a bit to find techniques and the poem>!??!?!? wtffffff.... im lyk riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiteeeeeeeeeeee.... hooo rote that the gurl was imagining all the stuff in the begining and den comes bak to reality in the end??? cuz i haddd noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ideaaaa... looooooool!!!!! and yeah... creative response... lolaa... my story woz about a pregnant woman and how she raises her little son.... fitting the bludy wrinkled old man was a bit of a shitholeeeeeeeeee... looool.. sum dramatic twists in dere.... predictable twists... lol!!!
WTF DID U JUST SAY?:confused:

passion89

HSC
coldasice said:
but since the majority of the state found the exam hard (well a little anyway), won't the markers do something about this? like, not mark too harsh or something :/

Quoted for the sake of repeating you :D

AngelBunny`

HSC
I thought it was easier than 2005, compare to section 1 there is less reading... Section 2 is "feel free write any story section" ... but i find section three a bit hard to link to my practice essay.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
quincyboi said:
WTF DID U JUST SAY?:confused:
quoted for emphasis <3

i found this one quite easy, except for the comprehension, tht's the onli part im not happy with =/

* i kinda overlooked the word "journey of discovery" as well ... sooo im n ot sure whether or not my story linked in to it or not.

DucKy::

XDXDXD
HSC
comprehension was difficult yeh. i spent more time on it than i would have liked.

the essay kinda stumped me at first hahaha i gave up on it after writing half of the intro and went back to do section 2

hello_world

HSC
=smashly= said:
creative writing was bs.
i had prepared my own storyline and adventure then they ask me about a journey of discovery and give us a crappy quote which totally screwed my prepared one over, thereforth forcing me to write a complete piece of crap.

dam u hsc!
That's the point... they want to see what you can write on the spot, not something you've spent ages preparing, this way they can weed out those who are actually good at english and those who are good at memorising

fss2006

HSC
pist_pete said:
i felt the comprehension was damn hard...but apart from that my essay + creative tasks should do reasonable.... The quote for creative was abit random tho, but i somehow incorporated it.:santa: :eek:
Yeah, the strory quote was annoying - my pre-prepared story was about a young woman - but i just made the old man tell a story about the young woman...dont know if it didnt look sus though. oh well

And i did think that the comprehension questions were harder than usual.

fckforever

HSC
I did okay in section 3 but the rest was freakin' difficult. I thought the creative writing would've been okay but the statement/quote screwed me over.
And the comprehension was just ... argh.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I agree with all who said section 1 was hard. The questions weren't too bad but the texts were tricky. Section 2 was also tough for me as it took alot of effort to adapt my story to the quote.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Meh.. fuck physical journeys essay question

Section 1 got everyone thinking of me because of the photography thing.. Laugh laugh laugh. Um... It wasn't too difficult.

Section 2 was approached with ease :)

chrispy99

HSC
N/A
I agree! This years HSC English Paper 1 exam was so muchhh more harder than the previous years! Section 2 was easy, you could incorporate any journey an elderly person has encountered in their life and make a creative text out of it. HOWEVER, section 3 was hard as. i looked at the physical question "interpretations of the new", the new what? last years was so much more easier. I dont think its very fair either because i know alot of people stuffed this English paper, thanks to the last section. Advice to the Board of Studies for next year, get some better essay questions.

someone11

HSC
Yeah it was fairly hard...
the first section made me wet myself...so i skipped most of it and went on with the second which was alright...but in the third section i caked myself for 5 mins trying to figure out what the question was saying for Physical journeys...i tried to look at the other questions but they were no help so i wrote anything...then had 5 mins left to finish the first section....I never had the chance to finish..

wah167

HSC
Re: This Year English Paper Was Hard

shit hard for the comprehensions...
others are okay

crookj

HSC
I found the Area of Study - Paper 1 hard especially the thing about "Nomads" i have never heard of a nomad before in my life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)