• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

This Year's Fashion Has Been Really Shit, Why Doesn't Anyone Else Agree? (1 Viewer)

???

• Total voters
HSC
Sh4DoW said:
I've also noticed that the sizes are getting so distorted! I'm an 8 .. Yet I go into Just Jeans (I've found they have had some pretty summer dresses) or a few other stores and try on an 8 and it swims! It's so frustrating, because I find something I actually do like and it sits awful or just plain doesn't fit!
i was just thinking the same thing the other day .. like, i've been the same weight for ages. and i've gone from being able to usually be an 8, to having most tops by roxy/billabong etc just be way too big for me to even be able to wear :( and all the pants/dresses i've bought in the past six months have been like 7's and 6's .. and it's not me, it's the sizes.

i'm all for making people feel better for buying a smaller size or whatever, sure .. but it's fucking irritating when you're short as fuck to begin with and suddenly you can't even buy half the clothes you used to without it looking like you're wearing a potato sack :bomb:

*Minka*

HSC
Tulipa said:
Walking through Pitt St yesterday made me want to vomit. No joke.
I was at Pitt St earlier today and wanted to cry from all the bad fashion. It also made me want to jump on the first plane back to Europe even though I love Australia. Sigh.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i was just thinking the same thing the other day .. like, i've been the same weight for ages. and i've gone from being able to usually be an 8, to having most tops by roxy/billabong etc just be way too big for me to even be able to wear :( and all the pants/dresses i've bought in the past six months have been like 7's and 6's .. and it's not me, it's the sizes.

i'm all for making people feel better for buying a smaller size or whatever, sure .. but it's fucking irritating when you're short as fuck to begin with and suddenly you can't even buy half the clothes you used to without it looking like you're wearing a potato sack :bomb:
Blame Casey Donovan and that other fat chick from Today Tonight who's mother complained because Billabong didn't make boardies in size 400 for her 14 year old.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I haven't really done much summer shopping this year...

I'm muchly disliking shapeless tops and dresses. What's the point of it being summertime if you're not going to show any figure? That's what the layering of winter is for.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i think one way to sum up this year's fashion is this - i'm not a very visual person and hardly ever take notice of what people around me are wearing, but i vividly remember seeing a girl in the city wearing a livid green tulip dress, black leggings, cowboy boots, enormous sunnies and an even bigger metallic tote bag, and i looked at her for a good 30 seconds trying to work out what she was dressed as before realising with a pang of horror that it wasn't a costume. :(

cuppy

HSC
N/A
the WORST quality clothes are from tightrope. they shrink in the wash and lose their colour after only one wash. explains why their stuff is so dirt cheap..

i hate the slogan tee's which are flooding the stores at the moment.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
katietheskatie said:

Ditto!

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
Malfoy said:
I've found a few lovely dresses but this year hasn't been fantastic. I can barely find skirts that I like (have only found one in recent times) or tops so I've ended up wearing dresses for the last few months because I don't like any of the separates. It results in me being constantly, constantly overdressed.
Yep. Same problem here. If I end up going anywhere, I basically go through everything I own and end up settling on a dress because it's the one thing that looks good! I love my dresses, I wish I could find a couple of decent casual ones to wear at day =[

katietheskatie said:

Agreed! All the clothes that I've bought lately have been 6's and 7's, and I'm pretty slim but I don't think that's right. Yep smaller sizes are all well and good .. but they should have a standard size rather than all being different! Like I was buying a suit for work from Myer .. Skirt = 6, Pants = 8, Jacket (mind you I have no boobs and am short) = 10 and jumper = 6. It's annoying now because whenever you go to get new clothes (esp now with the dodgy styles) you have to take 1598357 different sizes to try on because you can't pick which one you are!

cuppy

HSC
N/A
Malfoy said:
I occasionally have liked the 80s cartoon character T-shirts from Jay Jays, just because any shirt featuring Super Mario Brothers characters is pretty awesome.
i love those they are so cool!! i'm a big fan of the care bears as well =]

HSC
Malfoy said:
Did I mention that those giant, oversized T-Shirts with the huge writing in capital letters everywhere (like the ones Supre sells with "Me love you long time") are the worst thing I've ever seen?
Oh gawd I agree. There's also the one that says 'I heart my boyfriend'. *shudders*

But the babydoll/maternity looking dresses are pretty awesome. They make you look fatter which works for me cos I'm pretty skinny. Haven't found one that looks good on me yet, though. :(

P.S I'm also after a shirt with those Mr. Men and Little Miss. characters. Anyone know where I can get a 'Little Miss Shy' one? :shy:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Wow, I really don't agree. I'm a size 6-8 and I think the kind of dresses that are around now suit me. I've bought some really awesome dresses this year, and some of them are figure hugging!

3rDegree

HSC
How many of you guys went to the races this year?
I had a walk around the 'rails' and saw some pretty nasty pieces that should have been burnt.:burn:

------------------------

"Straight cut, with a twist"

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
cuppy said:
the WORST quality clothes are from tightrope. they shrink in the wash and lose their colour after only one wash
Yes!! I wonder why that is?? I only bought one shirt from there for work, but it's such a shame it shrunk because it looked nice the first time i wore it. Maybe I'll go back and buy it again but 3 sizes up...?

The only thing this season I find cringe-worthy is people wearing tights by themselves, as if they were skinny leg jeans :confused: . Not a good sight from behind, especially if it makes their bum look 10 times larger than it should.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
cuppy said:
the WORST quality clothes are from tightrope. they shrink in the wash and lose their colour after only one wash. explains why their stuff is so dirt cheap..

i hate the slogan tee's which are flooding the stores at the moment.
i think it's just pot luck with tightrope...i bought a fair few tops from there when i was really low on funds and for the most part they've lasted okay...i mean, you get what you pay for, but most of them have kept in good condition since i bought them. however, one shirt just plain doesnt fit since i washed it, another is stretched out of shape, another is made of material that consistently gives me a skin reaction no matter how many washes i put it through (hence i have stopped wearing it altogether), and i bought a pair of pants from there which fit at the time of purchase but one go in the washing machine and i reckon skeletons would be having trouble with them. so i guess it's a matter of luck - odds are you'll get something dodge more than you'll get something decent, though.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
P.S I'm also after a shirt with those Mr. Men and Little Miss. characters. Anyone know where I can get a 'Little Miss Shy' one? :shy:
Myer or Just Jeans.

K

katie_tully

i am freaking over this pinnafore/shapeless/sack trend. i am also over the tights trend, and im over fat chicks thinking it's okay to wear a t shirt over tights. it's not.

i dont get current trends. they make even the skinniest girls look fat and pregnant, and they dont do anything flattering for larger girls.

i got a dress yesterday to go out in, it's fitted around the bust and then shapes out at the bottom which is good, it hides stuff. but these shapeless, rectangle dresses are horrid.

what's worse is that everything is in some kind of metallic lycra. i love shiney and i am all for metallic, nearly everything i buy has some kind of shiney on it, but the problem with wearing a shapeless, metallic lycra dress is that it leaves nothing to the imagination.

1984 died a long time ago, let it rest.

K

katie_tully

target had the mr. men and little miss t shirts also.

i got a sweet one with bambi on it the other day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)