Those doing Ted Hughes "Birthday Letters" (1 Viewer)

Are you using Slyvia Plath as related material for Ted Hughes' "Birthday Letters"?

• yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • no

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
are you using Sylvia Plath as your related material (please vote yes/no in the poll)
also, which poems are you using and what are you going to argue?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
what point of view did you argue?
*ted hughes was in the right
* slyvia plath was in the right
* neither were right or wrong, we cant establish the truth
???

jogloran

Our teacher says that she heard from a marker friend of hers (there never seems to be a shortage of those...) that she was explicitly told that if you don't use a text relating to Plath (her poetry, or an article about her, or an excerpt from a book about her...) as a supplementary text in your response, you were marked down.

Our teacher also suggests that the best way to respond is the third: that we can't really establish an objective truth given the current situation.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jogloran
Our teacher says that she heard from a marker friend of hers (there never seems to be a shortage of those...) that she was explicitly told that if you don't use a text relating to Plath (her poetry, or an article about her, or an excerpt from a book about her...) as a supplementary text in your response, you were marked down.
yeah, well my teacher is one of the senior hsc markers, she knows the marking system back to front and inside out, and she was the one that gave us plaths poems to use...but she didnt say we would be marked down if we didnt use them, its just that plaths poems are the obvious choice to use, coz they provide the other side of truth in the relationship

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
are you using Sylvia Plath as your related material (please vote yes/no in the poll)
also, which poems are you using and what are you going to argue?
No I didn't. I'm using whatever poems suit the questions, I know all poems pretty well.

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
what point of view did you argue?
*ted hughes was in the right
* slyvia plath was in the right
* neither were right or wrong, we cant establish the truth
???
In the trials I argued Hughes was right in trying to express his view by releasing "Birthday Letters" and that they were both right and society will never know because none of us were ever there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)