• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Those "For Brunettes" or "For Blondes" Shampoos/Conditioners (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I almost bought one because of the appeal. They apparently not only work on natural shades, but also on highlighted/dyed hair.

I just want to know what the hell they do. If they don't deposit colour or contain bleaching products, what is in this product that makes my hair more "multi-tonal" and "more brunette/blonde" as they claim?

Who has used these sorts of shampoos and what on earth do they do?

I believe both Pantene and Sunsilk have products for specifically blonde/brunette hair. Tell me about them.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
They're shit.

I used the John Frieda one for Blonde hair which was meant to be the best. It just made my hair greasy and look like crap basically. It was meant to highlight my natural highlights and not dull my hair. Pfft yeah right.

If you're going to get any shampoo I would highly recommend KMS. That shit is awesome.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
katietheskatie said:
really? the brilliant brunette one works really well for my hair actually.
What exactly does it do though?

How brunette can a brunette go? :/

HSC
it doesn't change the colour of my hair as far as i can tell, it just makes it really shiny and like .. it kinda reflects light or something, i don't know, but it looks heaps better.

oh and it smells good :eek:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Yeah get KMS or Kerastase, not the brunette/blonde shampoo but rather one to suit your hair type: oily, dull, frizzy, normal.

Dyed blondes should use clarifying shampoo to stop product build up that can make hair dull and brassy (orangey), something with lavender can take that green tinge out of light blonde hair (I used to use PPS clarifying blonde shampoo once a week).

I don't recommend Pantene, Sunsilk, or any of the store bought shampoos, get one from a hairdressing shop (Price attack) or salon instead.

...is what I think anyway.

jazzmuzik

HSC
katietheskatie said:
really? the brilliant brunette one works really well for my hair actually.
yeah i agree, it worked really well! i guess it didnt look "browner" it was just shinier, and "richer"... the colour didnt look so brassy or dry...

goosiegoo

HSC
I use the sunsilk blonde one sometimes... I don't really notice a huge difference, i suppose it highlighted the blonde.
But i don't know about that 'not containing bleach', because the blonde one smells like peroxide to me. :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah i've used the sunsilk blonde one. it just kinda made my hair shinier, more golden looking, but i get about the same effect from good conditioner as well, so i dont know exactly what it is about this shampoo that does it.

HSC
What they do is make you spend ridiculous amounts of money when you could pretty much use soap and olive oil for the same effect. (Having said that, I do use shampoo and contitioner, i just think the 'blonde/ brunette' things are a stupid gimmick)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
TheQueenOfLeon said:
What they do is make you spend ridiculous amounts of money when you could pretty much use soap and olive oil for the same effect. (Having said that, I do use shampoo and contitioner, i just think the 'blonde/ brunette' things are a stupid gimmick)
Eh.

They use them for a gimmick but there are really good but semi-expensive shampoos and conditioners out there. If you love your hair and want to look after it KMS is the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)