Those who didn't do CSSA.. (1 Viewer)

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
For all those who did a trial other than the CSSA trial, what were the WWI questions?

goonbag

All the WW1 questions are source based (and your own knowledge) but anyway ours were:
Using sources and you won knowledge, compare the differing experiences of British Women during the First World War.
Sources were two posters to get women into the workforce. Remember that the amount of women working actually decreased in 1916 and most of the women who did war work already had jobs before that.
The other question was : Assess how useful sources C and D would be for an historian studying the concept of total war in Britain between 1914 and 1918. In your answer, consider the perspectives provided by the two sources and the reliability of each.
Sources Were:
Statement from King George V:
"25th May 1916
To enable opur country to organise more effectively its military resources in the present great struggle for the cause of civilisation, I havew, acting on the advbice of my ministers, demmed it necessary to enroll every able bodied man between the age of eighteen and 41.
I desire to take this opportunity of expressing to my people my recognition and appreciation of the splendid patriotism and self sacrifice which they have displayed inn raising by voluntay enlistment since the commencement of the war, no less than 5,041,000 men, an effort fdar surpassing that of any other nation in similar circumstances recorded in history, and one which will be a lasting source of pride to future generations. I am cofident that this magnificent spirit which has hitherto sustained my people though the trials of this terrible war will inspire them to endure the additionalk sacrifice now imposed upon them, and that it will , with God's help, lead us and our allies to a victory which shall achieve the liberation of Europe."

Extract from the memoirs of David Lloyd George - 1938

The second half of the war brought home to all the belligerents the fact which ought to have been obvious before, that an adequate supply of food, not only for the troops, but for the civilivan population, was an essential condition of their continuance in the war. ZThe final event depended more on food than on fighting. That drain on manpower, and the concentration of transport on the provision of war material and the carrying of it o the various fronts, were already having a serious effect on food supplies"

I hope this helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)