Those who is doing TAFE and transferred to UNI? (1 Viewer)

HSC
has it ever happened? like TAFE students have they ever considered doing UNI after they finish tafe in one year with a diploma etc or do they go straight into the workforce, just curious about it which i wanna know, some of my friends been discussing about it and i wanted to solve their problem whether its a advantage or not? thanks for any help

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Yes it does happen - TAFE students who want to go to uni, frequently do go to uni. There are people I knew when I did my HSC at TAFE who got into uni via a TAFE course and there are people in my tutes who come from TAFE. It probably is somewhat an advantage to have gone to TAFE first IMO as you are more used to the type of environment and education.

Juliet

HSC
Hi, yeah absolutely i'm living proof. I did. I didn't get a high enough uai to get a place at uni in a course i wanted to do, so i went to TAFE. Did a Dip. in Children Services. (Had a whole lot of fun, meet a fantastic group of people) Applied for uni, and now i'm doing Social Work @ UNSW. And i don't regret it one bit. The Diploma gave me the experience, confidence and base knowledge i needed for my SW degree.

HSC
Juliet said:
Hi, yeah absolutely i'm living proof. I did. I didn't get a high enough uai to get a place at uni in a course i wanted to do, so i went to TAFE. Did a Dip. in Children Services. (Had a whole lot of fun, meet a fantastic group of people) Applied for uni, and now i'm doing Social Work @ UNSW. And i don't regret it one bit. The Diploma gave me the experience, confidence and base knowledge i needed for my SW degree.
well congrats, very good for ya. did you do your dip. at TAFE for 1 year or more? and then transfer into uni?

Juliet

HSC
Yes, i did a 2yr diploma at Meadowbank TAFE, and then applied for uni as a non-recent school leaver. Not all are though; you'd need to check the TAFE course manual. Just a quick note: While at TAFE i was advised by a career counsellor that i needed (at least) a credit average, for a good chance at earning a place. As a class we were also advised by teachers and guest uni lecturers, on things like credit we could receive etc.

Last edited:

saves.the.day

HSC
Good friend of mine just transferred into commerce after completing his tafe diploma. He's now in 1st year commerce. He has told me that he spoke to a careers advisor (or the equivalent) at his tafe and got information about it.

HSC
wells i did a Advanced diploma at a private business college (which took 55weeks) and now i goto Macquarie uni doing 2nd year subs and some 1st year ones ... so yeah its pretty cool .. depending what uni you go too and how equivalent the units u do at tafe or college to the course u get into.. determines how much of uni you got left.. blah dunno if that makes sense .. gettin late .. but yeah.. i got a crap uai and did a adv. diploma and now im in uni!! so yeah it can happen

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
I have a friend who didn't do the hsc, did an advanced diploma in accounting at tafe and now does commerce at sydney.

HSC
so does it take 2 years for tafe then to transfer to uni with or without credit, i thought they say its 1 year for advanced deploma or something?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I'm going to Uni once I finish my cert IV - after doing a bridging course on top of it, I can get into 2nd year Nursing at just about every Uni in NSW (some like UTS don't even require the bridging course, you just go straight in)

Not really a transfer, but still pretty similar

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)