• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Thought i would come back and help you out a bit with BNW/BR (1 Viewer)

Too right

HSC
It can be argued that scientific and technological societies are seen to separate humanity completely from the natural world and its rhythms. Aldous Huxley’s dystopian novel Brave New World features an urban civilization where the natural world and its rhythms become subservient to technological and scientific control. Totalitarian principles are employed to maximize the stability of this “Brave New World”, at the cost of human individuality.

Of grave concern in Huxley’s novel, is the question of humanity. Whilst humanity is concerned with individuality and the natural instincts and thoughts of humans the brave new world has obliterated these concepts, denying the people their natural rights and privileges. The advancement of the brave new world such as cleanliness and the eradication of fucked up disease and old age is contrasted with the savage reservation; however the scientific processes pursued in reaching such optimums, raise the question of humanity. Are such developments worth the loss of humanity? Unlike Lenina’s world where “civilisation is sterilization”, the reservation is not anaesthetized hence the brave new world appears dystopian to the responder but not the inhabitants.

if you want the rest of the essay PM me, i think i have it on disk somewhere

HallucinoGina

HSC
hahaha... am i the only one that picked the profanity? Twould be funny if a heap of you copied and pasted that and handed it in... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)