Thoughts : CSSA ANCIENT HISTORY (1 Viewer)

reno-196

HSC
Yes got 1 mark :d
yeah the statuettes were the lares (household gods) but i thought it was a specific god and got it wrong

and for the herculaneum boat question, note it says herculaneum. Only the pompeian inhabitants died of asphyxiation and thermal shock. They were in a boat shed so they couldn't have been crushed. So thus they died of vaporization. (i checked online too)

bro66404

HSC
N/A
They actually died of thermal shock. Research by Giuseppe Mastrolorenzo proved this (page 16 of Antiquity 2).

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Just so everyone here knows they are making the pomp and herc section a lot harder for the hsc, one of the people who writes the exam was telling us at the hta study day at U-SYD.
FUCK THEM. They don't need to make Ancient harder. English already causes my brain to burst.

That statue question for multiple choice when it asked for the name of the god... It turned out to be the one that started with L.

Also, the herculaneum boat shed question, didn't they all die from either asphyxiation, thermal shock or crushing? Not just one of them? I chose thermal shock regardless.
Lares. Also did anyone notice it said "Statuette"? LARES IS A GIRL? DAFAQ huyfijrtjitml,.

They actually died of thermal shock. Research by Giuseppe Mastrolorenzo proved this (page 16 of Antiquity 2).
Really? I chose Asphyxiation because their mouths were open. Also thermal shock... don't their skulls explode? Since they were intact I picked Asphyxiation.

Eh whatever meh.

glowsticks

HSC
I swear lares are men of as the textbook says 'they are usually depicted as two men dancing'
Pompeii short answers were:
- role of women in Herculaneum and refer to the statue of the lady and the extract (4 marks)
- assess usefulness of the statuette and the wall painting in helping historians learn about religion (5 marks ?)
- 10 mark ethics

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
What did you choose for the Pompeii/Herc multiple choice on whether the artefact had Greek/Egyptian influences or both or something like that. And also the one where that painting could be found in which room..? atrium..lararium etc.
I said the first one is false (Lares) and the second one is true.

But it's wrong. Since Venus is a Roman god. Man I had a mind blank.
The answer should be that they are both false.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_(mythology)

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I'm interested in knowing what the essay questions were.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
What room was that bloody painting or whatever it was found in for Pompeii/Herc ?
Atrium.

I'm interested in knowing what the essay questions were.
For Core?

The P&H topic was:

Discuss the attitudes in relation to the display of human remains using sources C, G & A or something.

Source A was a picture of skeletons at the Boat sheds in Herc.
Source C was a fucking Statue of some random lady.
And Source G was an extract from Estelle Lazer.

bradoof

HSC
Complete same thing, i got 31% fucking hated that paper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)