Thoughts - How did you all find the exam? (1 Viewer)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
wwjd_frog14 said:
there was a need 2 talk bout it coz in the rubric it said 2 refer 2 case studies... :)

and demosthenes i do know darbs, i do business with him...he's a little legend, and not 2 mention the teachers pet in bus. st. lol :)
teachers pet? DARBS? noooo that couldnt be lol

rank-1

I can't understand how you people didn't predict the extended responses!

Me and my mate predicted all three of them. It was a simple process of elimination by looking at the past questions and the syllabus.

They were definately going to ask local case study as the last two years it had been global.

They were either gonna ask for vulrenability and resilience or management strategies because if you went through the past questions and ticked off the syllabus dot points that had been done, those two were the only ones left!

Likewise, in urban places only dominance and dependence and an urban dynamic in a suburb hadb't been asked before.

I think a little more logical planning may have helped a lot of you.

As for the multiple choice, yes they were hard.

vegemite

HSC
im just wondering...wat economic activity did every1 do? and wat was ur local scale example?
Tourism - Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
oh, i'm sorry! i didnt realise that the BoS couldnt ask the same dot points again! You say it was a "simple process of elimination" yet you said yourself that in urban places you still had a 50/50 chance. (which is actually wrong. the nature, character and spatial distribution of world cites; Economic and cultural authority of world cities; Dominance and dependence; the nature, character and spatial distribution of mega cities; Urban dynamics of change; results of urban dynamics (excluding economic character); and the suburb case study all hadnt been asked specifically. And thats just urban places! there goes ur theory).

Stop trying to make other people feel bad. Bos is a student community.
Welcome.

Edit: @rank-1

kristabelle

rank-1 said:
I can't understand how you people didn't predict the extended responses!

Are you serious??? the extended responses were totally unpredictable and there were many more options that they could have been...as stated above.

If the Board of Studies wants to get piles and piles of crap papers full of pages of students crapping on, they should continue to set essay questions like they did on the geography paper. Although it would be funny for the first few when you have kids writing about stuff they have no idea about, after a couple of hundred it would just get down right embarrassing. What about the average student...

and finally, the last three short answer questions can not possible be marked out of 4 or whatever they were out of

Ashe

HSC
I thought the exam was great. Admittedly I may have gotten a few multiple choice wrong but the essays were fine. Why do you all seem to be so stupid as to not study for certain sections. I studied the whole lot because you never know what they'll throw at you.

My economic enterprise was Perisher Blue which was perfect because it has heaps of environmental constraints and human impacts. World Cities was quite straight forward when you think about it. Ecosystems was a breeze because I had acronyms for it which was great.

You should be prepared for everything, you only have one opportunity to do the best you can in each exam so you may as well kick the shit out of it.

Nadia-Jane

HSC
Ashe said:
I thought the exam was great. Admittedly I may have gotten a few multiple choice wrong but the essays were fine. Why do you all seem to be so stupid as to not study for certain sections. I studied the whole lot because you never know what they'll throw at you.

My economic enterprise was Perisher Blue which was perfect because it has heaps of environmental constraints and human impacts. World Cities was quite straight forward when you think about it. Ecosystems was a breeze because I had acronyms for it which was great.

You should be prepared for everything, you only have one opportunity to do the best you can in each exam so you may as well kick the shit out of it.

ohhh suure, easy for someone to say when they were blessed with the motivation gene!

unlike myself however, i lack this skill, and wasted 3 weeks of my time laying on my arse all day watching dr. phil, when subsequently enough, i was informed that some of us just werent as lucky when God was feeding out the teaspoons of motivation. Apparently its actually apart of us, some have it and some don't. Dr phil said it how can it be wrong. this is what helps me sleep at night anyway haha

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
i love doctor phil.....his wife is a milf LOLOL
i picked the essays....i reckon it was pretty obvious, but i spose if you didnt know what they hadnt really asked, then it would have been a bitch. yeh, higwayman, i reckon the process of elimination did tell you what it would be, especially since the urban dynamics one was only tested in specimen paper (ie. dom and dependence.) I was just lucky that Kleeman came and gave us a lecture giving us his predictions.....
I love kleeman lol.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
im sure he would have had a part in it....im pretty sure he is president of the geography teachers association, and usually the president helps write the paper im most different subject areas im pretty sure (i know it is like that in music)

riley

HSC
that was alot harder than i expected.....pffffffft dominance and dependence.........usually the essays are prety straight forward......ecosystems n one case study.....megacities n challenges...thats wat me n the rest of my class were expectin

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well whats done is done
there nuttin we could do and theres no point whining about it
jus focus on the rest of your exams to make up for it
well see on dec 16th

burnzy

it wasn't the be all and end all of exams.. just feel sorry for the poor jackhammer guys. Tell you what was the best bit about it, out of a year of 170 something we had 11 of us sitting the exam.. that was pretty entertaining
is anyone planning on using geo next year?

gigi_ruff

Kleeman is the undisputed King of geog, paine has got nothing lol. Yeh there were nine of us in our exam and it would have been great if one of our examiners had the balls to go and tell the children outside who were running around and laughin to shut the fuck up.

GiG

bex7

awesome!

i have never been so happy about a geography exam!
aced the ecosytems essay and the world cities one was Eassssy! short answer were sooo good and economic enterprise was really good, for viticulture at least!
so great!

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
bex7 said:
i have never been so happy about a geography exam!
aced the ecosytems essay and the world cities one was Eassssy! short answer were sooo good and economic enterprise was really good, for viticulture at least!
so great!
lol that reaction's a first!
stupid economic enterprise question wasnt very good for our viticulture. wat local casr study did u do?

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
gigi_ruff said:
Kleeman is the undisputed King of geog, paine has got nothing lol.
i dispute too. in his global interactions 2 book kleeman talks about the "technosphere" as part of biophysical interactions. i mean wtf??!! - the syllabus specifies only atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere, biosphere for biophysical interactions (the yr 11 part of it does at least, dont know about hsc part). our class all had a hearty laugh when we saw technosphere in the book, it sounds like a computer game or something lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)