Thoughts of section -Standard english students (1 Viewer)

cyncyn2007

HSC
I reckon section one was way too hard for people doing standard english. I mean... even people doing Advanced had such difficulty. I certainly didn't do well...

any thoughts?

G

gaoOO

cyncyn2007 said:
I reckon section one was way too hard for people doing standard english. I mean... even people doing Advanced had such difficulty. I certainly didn't do well...

any thoughts?
it was harder than previous years and i don't think there's THAT big a gap between standard and advanced students. If anything, the essay will compensate.

cyncyn2007

HSC
there is a big gap. Students who may be doing extension english with students who just missed out in ESL.

G

gaoOO

cyncyn2007 said:
there is a big gap. Students who may be doing extension english with students who just missed out in ESL.
yeah, but you're not meant to look at the LARGEST EXTREME. :p

personall, i hoped for an even harder paper because the better the advanced students do compared to the standard students, the better advanced english will scale.

i don't think it would have been too bad for the standard students since section 1 was hard, but it's only 1/3 of the marks and the other sections were pretty straightfoward invitations to regurgitate what you learnt.

fartx2

HSC
im in standard english, and i found this exam to be alright. it was good, except the first section.

basically, my school ( i wont name which one because im not sure if this forum allows it) chooses who gets to go to advance and standard (im not sure if theyre allowed to do that, but oh well). anyway, in year 10 i was really lazy, so i was put in standard.

since then, ive buckled down and studied, and i get the concepts now. my teachers and friends say i should be in advanced, but the head teacher is still a *****.

anyway,
section 1 - 8 pages
section 2 - 6 pages
section 3 - 9 pages

NovaAesa

HSC
cyncyn2007 said:
I reckon section one was way too hard for people doing standard english. I mean... even people doing Advanced had such difficulty.
Yeah, I had heaps of trouble with it. I'll probably only get 7/15 or something :(. I thought it would be really easy, cos standard had to do it as well, but it wasn't!

shona1990

HSC
Well, yeah. But the thing is, doing Standard you KNOW you're gonna get marked against the Advanced kids for AOS... Apparently heaps of advanced students had trouble with it too...
Personally I don't see what everyone was going on about, but meh.
So don't stress too much, you probably did better than you think!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)