thoughts on 2 units adavnced (1 Viewer)

js5071

HSC
was a bit hard for my liking not enough applications of calclus in the physical world

how did you find it?

kokodamonkey

HSC
easier then previous years ones imo. I've found when doing some previous year ones, there were the odd bits in qs 2-8 which were like "wtf, why would u do that/have to do that". and found none of those in todays exam. Furthermore q10 seemed a lot more logical/easier to do, compared to previous years even though it was more working!

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
it was pretty challenging... overall it was an 'ok' exam

js5071

HSC
i thought that it was hard and im really disappointed cos ive worked so hard there was a lot of questions that i knew i was just getting riduclous anwers so i had to do them repetedly and 3 hours wasnt enough :(
was kind hoping people would say it was hard

hoca pontis

HSC
it was alright, but Q10 was hard...i looked it, and went "no way will i be able to do this" and so i didnt...i guess time was also a factor, and there was a few where i didnt understand what they were asking.

i agree in that there this exam appears to be slightly easier than previous years... so i guess that's good news for us. but just coz i think that, doesnt mean i did well though..but we will soon find out

samosbo

HSC
js5071 said:
i thought that it was hard and im really disappointed cos ive worked so hard there was a lot of questions that i knew i was just getting riduclous anwers so i had to do them repetedly and 3 hours wasnt enough :(
Hey. Don't worry, I found it really challenging. I did 2006's HSC and 2005's the other day and I could actually complete the whole tests with around 90% (factoring in mistakes, etc), which is a really great mark for me. But today I just found it so difficult compared to what I've done. Supposedly our trials were meant to be harder than the HSC, but this was much more difficult. :( I've worked really hard too throughout the year, and I actually ended up coming 4th in our year which was great for me in maths, and today it just feels like all of that's gone to waste. Anyway, I won't complain as I guess I should have expected it to be a lot harder than previous years. It's still just disappointing I guess… :(

Last edited:

starrysky

HSC
samosbo said:
Hey. Don't worry, I found it really challenging. I did 2006's HSC and 2005's the other day and I could actually complete the whole tests with around 90% (factoring in mistakes, etc), which is a really great mark for me. But today I just found it so difficult compared to what I've done. Supposedly our trials were meant to be harder than the HSC, but this was much more difficult. :( I've worked really hard too throughout the year, and I actually ended up coming 4th in our year which was great for me in maths, and today it just feels like all of that's gone to waste. Anyway, I won't complain as I guess I should have expected it to be a lot harder than previous years. It's still just disappointing I guess… :(
As many people will inevitably say (yes, I am a hypocrite) - concentrate your energies on the next exam. :) It'll all fall into place nicely, don't worry about it. ^____^

Yes. I am a hypocrite.

I found the second half of the paper to be difficult - got through some questions alright, struggled through others, skipped others, and almost stabbed my pen into the paper at some of them. Overall, I thought it was a mildly difficult paper - expecting no more than 70/120 for it.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Some parts were harder than other years, some were easier. On the whole I'd say about the same level.

I'm hoping for 100+, but I'm not sure if I'll get it or not. Depends on how many stupid errors I made (which hopefully weren't many, but I'm not counting on it).

iEdd

HSC
js5071 said:
My thoughts are similar. I've been doing well in the past papers (which I've done 20+ of), with 105-110 and with plenty of time to spare. For some reason in this one, I felt rushed. I think it's because it's my first HSC exam and I was slower to try and be careful and neat. Just remember that in an exam it is ALWAYS easier to remember what you couldn't do/did wrong than all the ones you did right. This is because the harder ones involve much thought and stay in your memory. You probably did quite well. :)

heilyss

HSC
Re: thoughts on 2 units advanced

:eek: i've got no idea how it was easy...
i thought Qs. 7-10 were pretty hard...struggled through some of the bits in em...
especially Q10 :confused:
heh heh, in the end i just went "screw it" to q10 and just re-did some of the qs i left out in 1-6 ^_^"
:( and i worked so hard on the past papers too...it does feel like all my hard work throughout the year was wasted in the end...
and i was hoping for them to go easier on us this year...
now it's hopefully-i-dont-make-stupid-mistakes, and hope to get at least a band 5 ^_^"
now, off to study for IPT....

bassguy

HSC
Re: thoughts on 2 units advanced

Easy. Raped that fucker. Q10 was strange, but I had about 45 minutes to go so I just worked it through really carefully. 115+

airbag

HSC
Maths suxx0rz t3h ballz0rz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111one1

I'm so glad that's over

Has to be the most work heavy subject ever

In maths effort = time= marks

I (angry words that will probably get censored) HATE that!

FFS, if you don't do tutoring you're pretty much screwed

airbag

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I disagree
You're allowed to

Forums are wonderful places

And it probably would have been more accurate for me to say that people who get tutoring are assured of good marks. Which pisses me off, because I can't afford tutoring neither chronologically nor fiscally. :)rofl: I had to, sorry)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
airbag said:
You're allowed to

Forums are wonderful places

And it probably would have been more accurate for me to say that people who get tutoring are assured of good marks. Which pisses me off, because I can't afford tutoring neither chronologically nor fiscally. :)rofl: I had to, sorry)
Haha, true, true.

I think tutoring mainly helps you in that you can better understand the concepts and also you're forced to do work for at least an hour a week :p

I've never had tutoring though so I can't really say what the benefits are. Anyone care to add? lol.

samuel slack

HSC
I've had a tutor since trials, mainly because I completely suck at maths, and desperately needed one. Without tutoring, I seriously doubt I would have passed this test... atm, I think I'm looking at a little bit less than 70/120... So they are useful, mainly because you are forced to work at maths for a set amount of time, and you can't bludge. Also, they can explain concepts to you, and show you how you apply them to questions...

js5071

HSC
yeah i have a tutor, i think that it helped although i just did the 3 unit exam and found that surprisingly easy, i think that i was expecting mre three unit orentated questions in 2, oh well no more maths anymore

lisablah

HSC
N/A
it was really really hard. dissapointed! ive done all past papers and could get about 80% and up. this paper was just screwed!!! wtf was with question 10 b

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)