• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Thoughts on 2015 CSSA Business Studies Paper (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
Hey,

I actually really liked the paper, the two examples of OHS policies almost stuffed me up but then I remembered something from where I volunteer haha. Multiple choice were also heaps easier then all the practice CSSA papers I did.

Business scenario was pretty chilled, heaps of good opportunities to show your knowledge and analytical skills, even provided an opportunity for me to reference a Harvard study on employee satisfaction

I did the global financial management and government for section 4, loved it because it allowed me to showcase that I know some of what is considered the hardest part of the syllabus (e.g. forward exchange contracts, options contracts as part of derivates) plus I was able to tie in some of my Eco knowledge e.g. dutch disease as part of exchange rates

One thing though, we got a question verbatim "Explain how goods and services are central to operations". Did everyone else get this question, cause from what I heard for some people it said "...central to operations and marketing"

camsmith

HSC
I really liked it as well. Usually dont come out of business exams to confident but this time I felt fine after it - was definently expecting something harder. Extended response though I had no idea on the global management stuff so did the second question which was a little confusing i might add with linking marketing influences to strategies but still pulloffable

gracegreen

HSC
Hey!
I have this exam tomorrow, looking forward to it!
Any study hints I can grab? We've been lead to believe that the business report Q is based around HRM and operations? Perhaps the test has been changed up a little.
Any tough short answer Qs?
Thanks!

astroman

HSC
Hey!
I have this exam tomorrow, looking forward to it!
Any study hints I can grab? We've been lead to believe that the business report Q is based around HRM and operations? Perhaps the test has been changed up a little.
Any tough short answer Qs?
Thanks!
first section of short response is on financial calculations, thats all i remember lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)