• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Thoughts on BCom at Macquarie Uni? (2 Viewers)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
My friends have dubbed it the "New UWS" because of how easy it is to get in. +10 if you came from a bad school (which you dont even have to apply for, it's automatic) as well as +5 for subject bonus points.
You do realise B Business at UTS's cut off is 10 higher than Commerce at Macq and both have subject bonus points, right? I'm not sure about the bad school stuff but I was under the impression that most of the people eligible for the +10 at UTS are also eligible for EAS at other unis.

HSC
N/A
You do realise B Business at UTS's cut off is 10 higher than Commerce at Macq and both have subject bonus points, right? I'm not sure about the bad school stuff but I was under the impression that most of the people eligible for the +10 at UTS are also eligible for EAS at other unis.
dude, i'm not bagging out UTS, my best friend goes there. LOL. I'm just saying what people tell me about UTS.

EAS in other unis is capped at 5, UTS doubled it. I'm not at all saying that UTS is shit. cut offs have absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad a course is.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
dude, i'm not bagging out UTS, my best friend goes there. LOL. I'm just saying what people tell me about UTS.

EAS in other unis is capped at 5, UTS doubled it. I'm not at all saying that UTS is shit. cut offs have absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad a course is.
Yeah I know lol, just saying. I'm definitely not a fan of the 10 bonus points (or bonus points at all actually), not sure if they had it in 2011 but I wouldn't have been eligible anyway and didn't need them.

As for lecturers bagging out other unis, that always happens. The target for the UTS Eng faculty seems to be Usyd Engineers lol.

RishBonjour

HSC
My friends have dubbed it the "New UWS" because of how easy it is to get in. +10 if you came from a bad school (which you dont even have to apply for, it's automatic) as well as +5 for subject bonus points.

from my experience, my commerce lecturers at UNSW arent that great tbh. I dont know how it is at USYD though
hahah, yeah I can verify that, some people get into UTS Law that way too. Because UTS, unlike MQ, has some special EAS scheme.
Every uni has good/bad lecturers (iirc UWS has atm, the best lecturer in Australia according to some award?), so far I've had 2 GREAT lecturers, a few good ones and some not that good + hard to understand because of their english.

HSC
N/A
hahah, yeah I can verify that, some people get into UTS Law that way too. Because UTS, unlike MQ, has some special EAS scheme.
Every uni has good/bad lecturers (iirc UWS has atm, the best lecturer in Australia according to some award?), so far I've had 2 GREAT lecturers, a few good ones and some not that good + hard to understand because of their english.
There's this joke at UNSW that you need to speak cantonese to understand lectures for commerce, and speak indian to understand tutes. From my experience...this is only true for accounting. LOL.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC

from my experience, my commerce lecturers at UNSW arent that great tbh. I dont know how it is at USYD though

rural bonus points are fucking great, i got 5 of them myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)