Thoughts on Chemistry CSSA paper (1 Viewer)

proringz

HSC
It wasn't the easiest of papers. I guess there a lot in the paper; I thought I was going to finish with half an hour to go but ended finishing with 5-10mins left.

karnage

HSC
It was alright, first 3 hour exam for me so it felt looong.

Sorta mis managed my time abit there... didnt study much (highly regret it), struggled writing a decent length for the short answers but i got there. Didnt get to finish my option. Wish i did that first :(

Overall im expecting an average mark, believe i didnt fail, but believe i didnt do so great either.

03tobr

HSC
not bad i finished with 10mins left,

vds700

HSC
I thought it was pretty easy

Only one i couldn't get was the last Q in the short answers about purifying water. But the shipwrecks questions were easy as.....

Im hoping ill get around 80% (fingers crossed)

wen11

HSC
it was okay.. the industrial chemistry questions were easy.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
haha FAIL!
3 hours exam.. 40 minutes writing... 1 hour 20 minutes sleeping... 1 hour drawing series of cartoons entitled "the detonator twins"
woooooooooooooooo
0 out of whatever, here i come!

erm

HSC
didn't find it too bad considering i only started revision last week and i had many gaps in my knowledge.

certainly could have done better though.

lucky i know how to do all the mole/data calculations though - otherwise i would've been f&%ked 'cause my knowledge for short/medium response answers was shithouse.

Last edited:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
i just finished, it was beter than i thought though. I had most difficulty with the multiple choice and one question the forensic option lol

gonutsmate

HSC
I thought it was heck easy, finished with like 1 - 2 hours left..
hardest bit was that question about iodine and shiz.
What was the answer to the question about the triprotic acid in the multichoice?

Last edited:
HSC
It was pretty easy. Hahahahaha I finished with an hour to go. Longest hour of my life.
First chem exam EVER to not have an ethanol as an alternative petrol question!

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
wixxy2348 said:
haha FAIL!
3 hours exam.. 40 minutes writing... 1 hour 20 minutes sleeping... 1 hour drawing series of cartoons entitled "the detonator twins"
woooooooooooooooo
0 out of whatever, here i come!
I hope that was exaggeration, because you've only got 11 units :jaw:

JasonNg1025

HSC
Hmm it was pretty hard... well it isn't the first 3 hour exam I've done (ext 2 maths) so I guess it wasn't too long. I thought I would finish with 15 mins, but turns out I corrected a multiple choice with 30 seconds to go... funny how there were no 7 mark questions in the core topic

RabensOner

HSC
i looked at the iodine question and thought the test was goin to be extreme. but wasnt too bad. it was fair test.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
minijumbuk said:
I hope that was exaggeration, because you've only got 11 units :jaw:
haha actually only the 0 part was an exaggeration.. the rest was right.

Katie.

HSC
too many calculations and not enough knowledge based questions. I spent so much time studying for chem and i really don't think it will pay off.

benji6667

HSC
Katie. said:
too many calculations and not enough knowledge based questions. I spent so much time studying for chem and i really don't think it will pay off.
i feel the same way, being my first 3 hour exam i thought i had heaps of time, so it took it my time... but i realised i wasnt gonna finish when i got up to the industrial question with 50min to go and i had skipped the first two short answer questions

i missed the second 2 mark iodine question :(

vds700

HSC
What was the answer to the question about the triprotic acid in the multichoice?
i put ethanoic, that was the only one i recognised, and its naturally occuring, so i think its right.

SpoonSamba

HSC
Yeh well i completely failed, not because it was a bad paper, but i just wasn't prepared

i looked at question and was like oh yeh i remember learning this! but couldn't remember what it was i actually learnt so i just guessed

and my calculations were just random numbers that i chose to multiply or whateva because of what i felt like doing.

man i coulda done that in an hour deadset. i was soooo bored, i scribbled all over my calculator

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)