Thoughts on CSSA chemistry? (1 Viewer)

LMoura

HSC
I heard the industrial chem questions threw a bit of people off? What are your thoughts on that? And also what did most people write for that Davy question?

ocatal

HSC
I heard the industrial chem questions threw a bit of people off? What are your thoughts on that? And also what did most people write for that Davy question?
I spent way too much time on the two 6 mark questions for Industrial and ended up having to guess a few multiple choice questions because of it.

Siddy123

HSC
what did u guys get for the mass of the the other thing? ( cant remember the question exactly but 2 of the others were 500g and they gave us the mm of each one)

LMoura

HSC
what were the two questions again? Sorry i forgot them. And mc was decent however time was tight due to the extended response/ short answer questions.

LMoura

HSC
I spent way too much time on the two 6 mark questions for Industrial and ended up having to guess a few multiple choice questions because of it.
what were the two questions again? Sorry i forgot them. And mc was decent however time was tight due to the extended response/ short answer questions.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
how did every find the question on the account the ph, something like 0.5?

Did you have to minus the two numbers to get 0.5, say why. ( I think it was 3 marks).

BabzBrah

HSC
N/A
How'd use all go on the long response questions, I think I went ok.

mac1996

HSC

Did you have to minus the two numbers to get 0.5, say why. ( I think it was 3 marks).
oh i just said, its because of the large difference in volumes of the water and acid (was talking shit)
then i said it was also coz ethanoic acid is a weak acid, so on so.

Siddy123

HSC

i wroe that she based it on the original volume (100mls) so when u added the 10ml it became 110ml and then u do it for that.
then did c1v1 before= c1v1 after and found the new conc
and took -log turned out to be whatevs she wanted so yeh

Siddy123

HSC
What was the pH question? Interested.
a bitch found the pH of a 100ml solution
she added 10ml of water
she expected that her pH would drop by 1 unit but it dropped by 0.5
explain why etc etc

something like that^^^

mac1996

HSC
i wroe that she based it on the original volume (100mls) so when u added the 10ml it became 110ml and then u do it for that.
bro i think ur right
i never thought of that in the exam
i just hope i dont move down too many ranks :s

sabrelord3

HSC
What were the industrial questions about? I heard they were pretty hard

JBee

HSC
The pH change was less than she thought because when we calculate pH with -log[H+] we're assuming that the acid fully ionises... but as you know ethanoic acid is weak (doesn't fully ionise in sol'n) so she'd need to calculate the degree of ionisation before she could calculate the pH

pscecelia

HSC
multiple choice was soooooo tough! forensics amino acids..woooppss didn't study that. the short response was pretty good :D

what marks are you guys aiming for? I'm hoping a 70% plsssssssss

mac1996

HSC
multiple choice was soooooo tough! forensics amino acids..woooppss didn't study that. the short response was pretty good :D

yeah ill be happy with 70
but im not confident with my answers, so i might end up getting really shit

Siddy123

HSC
The pH change was less than she thought because when we calculate pH with -log[H+] we're assuming that the acid fully ionises... but as you know ethanoic acid is weak (doesn't fully ionise in sol'n) so she'd need to calculate the degree of ionisation before she could calculate the pH
shit. ur right.
i forgot to calculate it and prove it ( though i mentioned it in my first line i think). :(

JBee

HSC

I'll be happy with 80%, but I'd rather 88+ because that's what i got in half yearlies :/

bfoo

HSC
yer this is what i wrote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)