Thoughts on Frankenstein/Bladerunner (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
rubric does mention treatment of similar content in a pair of texts composed in different times and values; considering the texts in thier contexts and comparing values and ideals brings a heightened understanding of meaning.

so im assuming, and this is entirely speculation; they are referring to the entire concept of the artifice and playing god? animated life in frankenstien and the replicants in blade runner.
the mary shelly romantic era depicted the post-enlightenment argument of the supernatural over the comprihensible (therefore the cautionary tale of warning against science).
in the 1980s however, the boom in attention to the value of technology, blade runner similarly sorta is a warning tale in itself? (the neonlit city, the vanity in the excessive fashion of the people (my entire class totally went wtf when the woman put on a plastic jacket) <- a complete loss of identity; furthured on by the fact deckard can no longer discriminate between humans and replicants, the real and the arifical)

the differnece between the two i guess is shelly more or less conforming to the social perception of her context whilst ridley scott confronts his.

anyone reckon im sorta on the right track?

ps: doing romanticism for ext 1, cant believe we had to do northanger abbey which was friggin pointless, instead of frankenstien!

Definitely. Outstanding insight.

HSC
frankly, frankenstein is just ridiculous, and bladerunner is just slicing through topics on earths evolution lol
+ 1

although my 1st reading of frankenstein was ok. 2nd reading is making me really hate it.

josha220

HSC
What are your thoughts on Frankenstein and Bladerunner?
I'm past halfway in the book and personally at the beginning i found it heaps sad and melodramatic.
and in all honestly, before i read the book, i thought Frankenstein was the name of the creature that was created.
I like it though. Frankenstein is like a misunderstood creature.
as for Bladerunner i haven't watched it yet.. haha
but yeah what are your thoughts?
I'll tell you why Frankenstein is not a misunderstood creature. He's a human being you fruitcake.

jackydoll

HSC
I both like bladerunner and Frakenstein...it makes you realise about humanity as a whole

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)