Thoughts on gf talking to her ex (1 Viewer)

*o*

HSC
My gf has decided she wants to be friends with her ex, i dont really know why but this bothers me quite a bit. The first (and only) time shes seen him since weve been together i was with her and then she decided she wasnt sure if she was over him, since then she has changed her mind and decided she is (so far so good). we agreed she would cut him off, but recently she has decided she really wants to be friends, so she wants to talk to him every couple of weeks, and maybe see him in january.

do you think this is wrong?
am i being paranoid/insecure?

tl;dr gf wants to talk to her ex, should i be annoyed?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
*o* said:
My gf has decided she wants to be friends with her ex, i dont really know why but this bothers me quite a bit. The first (and only) time shes seen him since weve been together i was with her and then she decided she wasnt sure if she was over him, since then she has changed her mind and decided she is (so far so good). we agreed she would cut him off, but recently she has decided she really wants to be friends, so she wants to talk to him every couple of weeks, and maybe see him in january.

Tbh , yeah, most likely.

Bank$

HSC
*o* said:

Every guy will have problems with his gf talking to her ex, so your not alone mate.

The problem is that most girls dont understand why and go "he is just my ex ?" and thats exactly why we get the shits lol, cause we know he wants to get back whether its in her pants or a relationship.

she is pretty much saying "im just gonna take a swim outside the shark net" lol

Anyway what can u do ???

NOTHING

just let her do what ever she wants bro, LET HER KNOW what bothers you but only once and give her reasons like "oh i know he will try this move on u ..." and thats IT !

next she will hang out with him and

a) he will make a move she will find out u were right all along and then tell him to fuk off

b) she falls for him and u guys break up and next time u find a more worthy gf

Im sorry mate but if u act all insecure and be like wtf dont hang out with him. She will eventually be like "oh he so overprotective and doesnt let me do what i want, why am i with him ???"

I know its hard but im sure u can pull through : )

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Uhmm..
Personally I don't think it's a big deal, but I spose that's coz while I'm friends with (most of) my exes, I know that nothing more than friendship would come of it.
It's not worth getting all angry/possessive over coz honestly she'd be MORE likely to turn to him if you started reacting in that way.
Like Banks said, probably the best thing you can do is let her know your concerns, and if she answers back about it remind her that you think she's beautiful/perfect/whatever, and that you know he'll see her in the same way (so you're the 'good guy' by flattering her). And apart from that, if she still goes ahead with it remind her that you love/like her to reassure her.

mleiu

HSC
I think you'd be kind of weird if you aren't jealous and completely comfortable with your GF hanging out with her ex. I mean, this guy has been romantically linked to someone you're with now, so they have a history. It's normal to be a little paranoid.

But in saying that, everything has to have a line somewhere so I think you should talk to your GF about it. Allow her some freedom, and if she really likes you - it doesn't really matter how close she is with her ex, she'd still like you. If spending time with her ex makes her realise that she is still into him, I reckon it is a good thing that you let her realise that - it just means that she was never that into you in teh first place.

GL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)