Thoughts on History Extension (1 Viewer)

ewesijok

HSC
argh! hmmm? yodel

I'm not sure what to do for my extension history project thinga ma doova and the first draft proposal is like due next week. If anybody has some useful advice or ideas give a yell, it will be greatly appreciated. (kojisewe@hotmail.com)

hello99999

HSC
ewesijok said:
I'm not sure what to do for my extension history project thinga ma doova and the first draft proposal is like due next week. If anybody has some useful advice or ideas give a yell, it will be greatly appreciated. (kojisewe@hotmail.com)
look up 'historical controversies' or 'historical debates' etc in google. go to the library and pick out some random books. find something that sounds interesting. remember that you have to focus on the historiographical issues from the syllabus rather than the person/event/whatever. and don't stress too much over it.

:)

cartzz

HSC
Im a huge fan of history, and i do all five units. If i had a choice, I wouldnt do ext tho...its really not my thing. So when people say: "You will love this subject if you like history" dont necessarily base it just on that, its very different from all the stuff you do from 7-11. I cope with the work and so far am getting good marks, but i just find it dry as anything, and not worth the amount of work for a one unit subject...shouldve done ext 2 eng instead lol. Project = good. Two essay areas = very boring.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
I see the course as a combination of two things: philosophy and history.

You look beyond the facts - basically you look at why, and ultimately that is philosophy.

If you enjoy history, and your enjoyment goes beyond ROTE learning of facts, take it. And you have to be a good writer AND reader - the two arent mutually exclusive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)