Thoughts on hsc subjects (1 Viewer)

yao_jahang

HSC
Thoughts on any subjects on general? Any subject regrets? Any pros and cons of any subject?

yao_jahang

HSC
Any other subjects? I’ve already heard how dry business is.

zizi2003_

HSC
do you have any opinions zizi2003?
My favourites are Bio and History for sure.
I honestly only like history because our school's hist faculty is amazing and really know how to teach and help us achieve the results. Whereas for Bio, the content is really interesting and for some reason I find doing bio past papers fun ??
Legal and PDH are really self-explanatory since all questions come from the syllabus, so don't really need to put a huge amount of effort in them. All the subjects I do are pretty content heavy, but honestly don't mind coz they're all easy. Choose subjects that you KNOW you'll do well in and will help you achieve a good ATAR. Imo it's better getting a 95 in a low-scaling subject like PDHPE than a 50/100 in a high-scaling subject like 4U Math. Don't choose subjects based off their scaling or how hard they are, but based off your strengths and interest.
Also, I have absolutely no words for English.

Last edited:

DarkOperator618

HSC
how are you preparing for section 1 of the exam ?? 😭 (sorry, not relevant to the post but im stressing lol )
good question

i have no fucking clue, but my trials are weighted 0 so imma yolo it ig

what do u do for section 2?

zizi2003_

HSC
good question

i have no fucking clue, but my trials are weighted 0 so imma yolo it ig

what do u do for section 2?
ahhhh lucky mine are 30%- so im screwed
i'm doing the Elizabeth case study and honestly having a pre-prepared essay for this section works fine since they always ask about 'changing interpretations' but i havent practised coz it isnt in my trial LOL
how many debates are u memorising?

DarkOperator618

HSC
i'm doing the Elizabeth case study and honestly having a pre-prepared essay for this section works fine since they always ask about 'changing interpretations' but i havent practised coz it isnt in my trial LOL
got none atm but that needs to change

DarkOperator618

HSC
also, I'm doing salem and i found all the case study notes

stuff bouta go down

HSC
I regret not doing studies of religion but I chose ancient instead which I do like but I think I would've enjoyed studies of religion much more.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Information Processes and Technology (IPT) - A good subject for those seeking to gain some general knowledge of technology while at the same time not being restricted to one particular technological area. I personally enjoyed IPT because the concepts were not difficult to learn and understand, as long as your notes and resources are of good quality in addition to regular study/revision, you will definitely be capable of achieving a band 6 in this subject. :)

business is drier than the droughts that nsw farms got
image (13).jpg

yao_jahang

HSC
what about 4u? im in yr 10 but I've been thinking of doing that

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Thoughts on any subjects on general? Any subject regrets? Any pros and cons of any subject?
Not really a regret, but do not, and do not, take 4U English up if you know you will just procrastinate the entire way through. However, if you are admittedly a procrastinator like myself, there's time to fix that, even if it's just for the Ext 2 course.
- To add, don't take it up for the prestige. There's nothing prestigious about it.

Also - if you are choosing Ext 2 English, I think it is really important to channel your passions so thus it is worth drafting your concept / form before you finalize your subject choices, rather than concocting up a generic and monotonous concept in urgency once Year 12 kicks off.

cyniczny

HSC
not sure about the hsc course, but personally i find ext english to be easier than adv, because adv is quite rigorous in what you need to write and analyse, where ext is really philosophical and the analysis is a lot deeper. however, if you're not a big fan of english at first, don't take ext - it's not really the kind of subject where there's a set structure you can follow to get good marks, you just need to analyse really deeply and develop your personal voice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)