djet

HSC
rome republic + caesar
what did evryone think
did anyone do these??

dandel26

HSC
Caesar's reforms was an easy question
The significance of the Gallic Campign on Caesar's career was harder, only cause i didn't have as many quotes for it.

Rome was abolsutely easy. Explain outbreak of civil war. Meh i could have done that with my eyes closed, had about 15 quotes in there. Why do they also create easy papers

karoooh

HSC
Rome is my worse subject and I did the outbreak of the civil war. Would explaining that the formation and breakdown of the First triumvirate was what lead to the civil war right, or should I just cry and then get over it as soon as?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Caesar's reforms I couldn't remember anything about, so I sort of fudged it.

The Gallic Wars was great, I got several pages talking about how it led to an increase in his influence and popularity because of the land he captured and the money he sent back, as well as giving him a very strong and loyal army which he could later use in the Civil War.

I did the second Republic question (Pompey's extraordinary military commands) after an attempt to do the first on the Civil War (yes, it was easy, but I think I was thinking too deeply about it and trying to draw back too many causes). I was a bit rushed for military commands, but there wasn't really much to it - just said that Sertorius, Pirates, Mithridates increased Pompey's popularity and influence exponentially (even though in two of them he didn't do anything other than finish off what others had started), hence making him far more powerful than had he just followed the cursus honorum.

erica1512

HSC
caesar gallic wars threw me a bit since it was just the effect on his career
but not bad
i loved the rome question i didnt know anything a bout second triumvirate so i was praying they'd ask one of the earlier things but that was kust me

jessbo555

HSC
Someone Stab Me. I bombed out on Ancient. Caesar killed me.. I'm like.. "Gallic War? He was IN THAT?" .. His reforms, easy, it was a 10 marker right? I think i came up with 11, to be sure.. but man, the 15marker.. completly lost to me..

The FOTRR Q tho, picked the outbreak of the civil war, (partially cos i had NOTHIGN on the other guy) wrote about the refusal to put down arms, crossing the rubicon, the naughty naughty optimates, blah blah blah. boring as poop. But yeah. My other sections i did pretty good but I'm telling you.. these, i bombed out on. .. makes you wonder what i've been doing all year aye?

Who the hell wants to learn about a bunch of stuffy old male politicans anywaY??!!?
:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)