• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

thoughts on science extension ? (1 Viewer)

v.tex

HSC
Is it a good subject?

The entry for the course closes soon and i’m considering doing it but i already have a high workload.

Is it good to have for uni?

I’ll probably have 11 units with science and extension

BeanBoy1456

HSC
N/A
found it boring ngllll but give it a go and you might like it you can always drop it. i also i hated it cuz it was another assesment to do when i thought they were all over. if you are happy with how you'll go with your current subjects maybe just focus on them? iddk bro personally hated it in the midst of year 12 wasnt bad in the first term tho. also depends on the teacher a good teacher will make it valuable otherwise NO. like its not hard (depends on what ur doing) its just a burden, well it was for me. i did it cuz i am cooked for one of my 2u still am tho

nsw..wollongong

dentista 😍🫶
HSC
i say go for ittt then just drop if it gets too much. tbh science ext was one of the subjects that i studied the least amt for during my hsc period but it ended up raising my atar by quite a bit. idk if it was just my school but its VERY student led, teacher wouldn't show up half the time which is fine since its mostly your project that ur working on plus content on the side you have to learn (stats and theories and whatnot). id say that if u wanna give it a go then contact a uni or a research org from now to help u out with ur project proposal. since mine was med based, i emailed and called a bunch of professors, grad students and doctors (u can find their details online) to explain my predicament and more than one was happy to help me out. you got this!!

v.tex

HSC
Out of interest, if the content is easy and the report is internally mark i don’t get why not many people band 6 it? Is the external test super hard or something?

nsw..wollongong

dentista 😍🫶
HSC
the external is quite hard, ull be lucky to finish the exam tbh. ppl think its not that many questions but each question has specific parts to it, stimuli to analyse, etc. i remember my peers didn't even finish the last question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)