Thoughts on Start Smart? (1 Viewer)

mraznboy

HSC
will it be the same as o-week lectures and is it worth attending?

Madridismo

HSC
I'd like to know as well >.>
What are these skills workshops they talk off?

failwhale

HSC
only good thing was free lunch. was kinda boring, did icebreaker games with the people that are studying in your field, had lectures on disabilites (iirc), got free stuff. it's best to go with your friends otherwise you might have an awkward time.

mraznboy

HSC
what do you mean by awkward? (i have no access friends lol)

failwhale

HSC
like i remember you had to join groups and draw other people's faces and then you had to present to the whole class about yourself and what you drew. pretty embarrassing everyone got red-faced a little haha.

mraznboy

HSC
aw i hate doing that kind of stuff lol. how many people attended?

failwhale

HSC
a lot of people, lecture room was full. make sure you go to the right introductory lecture. there was two, one for domestic students and one for internationals.

mraznboy

HSC
do you personally think it is worth going to? like did you meet anybody you still keep in touch with?

failwhale

HSC
yeah i highly recommend it if you're nervous about uni, they give you tours, give u a chance to speak with older students etc. only downside is probably the awkward icebreaker activities (they might make it different this year who knows) and the occasional boring lectures, it also helps you with travelling, since i was coming from western suburbs, i had to familiarize myself with transport.

edit: i never ever see the people i met at all lol

Madridismo

HSC
Well I think, since I can't remember, I also signed up for the academic workshops which I think will be worth it. Even though we did reports, essays and etc in high school, university will be a bit different and higher standards.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Well I think, since I can't remember, I also signed up for the academic workshops which I think will be worth it. Even though we did reports, essays and etc in high school, university will be a bit different and higher standards.
be prepared to learn the different referencing methods (need to be complete unlike high school haha) e.g. footnotes, endnotes, Harvard Ref etc

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't go to Start Smart but academic workshops and campus tours also run during o-week so if u cant attend it there is always o-week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)